NEWBIE QUESTION: 2006 GTX Limited - 20 hrs on ski - 12V Low message...

New to the later model Seadoo's after having been away for a while raising kiddies. Just bought a 2006 GTX Limited with 20 hours on the clock. Have not yet ridden it except for the putt putt from the owner's house to the ramp. Ran fine during that 10 minute cruise.

Just reinstalled the SC after having Jerry rebuild it. Plug the DESS in, get two quick beeps and then SENSOR starts flashing on the display. Then, I see 12V Low appear. Voltage is 11.9-12.1 not running. I fire it up (battery has enough to start the motor) and running system voltage is at 13.5V which I suspect is normal. SENSOR stops flashing as soon as engine starts up. Do I have an issue here? Is it nothing to worry about unless it appears during operation?

Lastly, is the battery below the stock OEM battery?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battery.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	334539

sounds like it was charging the battery......ride it away from the ramp...not far...won't take long...if it shows again get back quick.

Check the two small red leads on the relay...make sure they ain't kinked and shorting.

what do you mean..."Lastly, is the battery below the stock OEM battery"?

Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    sounds like it was charging the battery......ride it away from the ramp...not far...won't take long...if it shows again get back quick.

Check the two small red leads on the relay...make sure they ain't kinked and shorting.

is the battery in my pic an oem battery?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by surfcitypops View Post

It is hard to tell. If it is, I'd be impressed that it lasted so long. You should purchase a new AGM battery and start from there.

Quote Originally Posted by SCHNORR12 View Post

It is hard to tell. If it is, I'd be impressed that it lasted so long. You should purchase a new AGM battery and start from there.
    I swapped batteries with my 2006 Wake and the SENSOR message still appeared upon plugging in the DESS. Goes away after blinking 5 times and stays off if the engine is running. My 2006 Wake does not do this. I am about to start swapping parts from one to the other to diagnose it, starting with the regulator/rectifier. Where is this unit located in my 2006 GTX's?
    Last edited by surfcitypops; 07-01-2014 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCHNORR12 View Post

I swapped batteries with my 2006 Wake and the SENSOR message still appeared upon plugging in the DESS. Goes away after blinking 5 times and stays off if the engine is running. My 2006 Wake does not do this. I am about to start swapping parts from one to the other to diagnose it, starting with the regulator/rectifier. Where is this unit located in my 2006 GTX's?
    On top of fuel tank.

+1
    the "sensor" display is normal, it's the ski recognizing the depth finder,mines done it since day 1.

9. +1 by:

+1
    When my '07 sits more than ~2 weeks, upon first startup I'll see the "12v low", then goes away immediately, prolly cuz the voltage has slightly dropped.
    But since I've NEVER seen it while riding, it doesn't even bother or worry me.

Thanks to all who replied. I'm going to put the thing in the water and ride it before I do any more worrying or parts swapping. The depth finder explanation makes sense because my other 2006 GTX is a Wake 155 and it obviously doesn't have that option.

Thread Information