Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

01 rx water leak, I have no idea where please help

01 rx water leak I will ride around for 5 min and I have at least 6 inches or more of water in the bottom all my water lines are in the correct places and are connected, carbon seal and accordion boot are all good, I have filled the hull up with water to see where the leak is and it don't come out anywhere. Plugs are in to lol another thing that I checked is my exhaust and it's sealed, the waters coming in fast but don't know where. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Run it on the hose to see if it is cooling system related. If no water, run it in the water with the seat off and watch?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    check that the siphon tubes are installed in the pump..if they come out(and they do) the siphon will actually allow water to enter the hull

I tried running it with the water hooked up and I can't find anything, I will try riding with no seat (never thought of that). The two siphon tubes are connected but the left one is kinda broke off, will it make that much of effect that fast???

+1
    yes, a broken siphon pickup will pump water into the hull. try plugging that side hose with a golf tee to prove the theory.

you can back the trailer into the water to fully submerge the pump and run the engine in relative safety while you confirm the source of the water.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    I agree with nmpeter....its gotta be the siphon tubes on the pump behind the steering nozzle. you have to have one or both missing. there is no other way you can have that much water in the hull without a noticeable hole somewhere. check your rubber exhaust tubes also.

+1
    I was surprised when I discovered it was the siphon hose issue was flooding a ski I had dropped in the tank to find the source of the mystery leak.

While in my case it was both tubes had fallen out, the water was coming in at over 2 gallons a minute at full throttle, it was whipping the hose around a bit..lot of water pressure in the venture. I could see it dumping 5 gallons in there if you stayed on the throttle for a bit.

Where are those lines at? And can I plug em both or is that not a good idea?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Those are for your bilge. Look in the nozzle and look at the top of the pump. There should be two straws sticking out in a downward angle, if they are missing that is the problem. Yes, you need them unless you put in a real bilge system

+1
    I have also seen a few that would come spraying in at the carbon seal as soon as the machine was on plane. Damaged pump thrust bearing will allow the impeller to move forward enough to pump water in around the driveshaft. None of those even suspected they had any pump issues.......but nobody had been changing pump oil either.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information