Lost 1 100 rpm/15 mph due to loose fitting from intercooler to sc

I'm only revving 6900 rpm and top speed of 53 mph on my 215 gtx . I thought immediately about the supercharger so i shut it down. I used to rev 8150 and got 70 ish top speed.Upon inspection my fitting from my riva intercooler to the supercharger came loose. Would this cause this much of a performance drop and why? Apparently the supercharger was rebuilt 5 hours ago so I don't know if I should check it out or not. Please explain .

+1
    any boost leaks are bad leaks
    are the hoes clamps worm clamps or t-bolt clamps
    worm clamps are not the best clamp for boost or exhaust connections
    Last edited by skidoochris; 07-02-2014 at 07:23 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalapsi View Post
    I'm only revving 6900 rpm and top speed of 53 mph on my 215 gtx . I thought immediately about the supercharger so i shut it down. I used to rev 8150 and got 70 ish top speed.Upon inspection my fitting from my riva intercooler to the supercharger came loose. Would this cause this much of a performance drop and why? Apparently the supercharger was rebuilt 5 hours ago so I don't know if I should check it out or not. Please explain .
    The answer is yes. It basically turns into an NA 155 but worse due to sucking in stagnant hot air.

I'm really surprised. I loosened the clamps attaching my intercooler to the supercharger after installing a groco strainer and fforgot to tighten it. So the intercooler shifted off the hose. Why would that affect rpm? I understand power would be down but rpm too? Especially that much? It almost seemed that the supercharger wasn't working. Could someone explain. I mean the supercharger should still be working it's just that it is not getting cool air from the intercooler right?

+1
    All the air from the supercharger is losing pressure (boost) and leaving the intake system by way of giant air leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalapsi View Post
    I'm really surprised. I loosened the clamps attaching my intercooler to the supercharger after installing a groco strainer and fforgot to tighten it. So the intercooler shifted off the hose. Why would that affect rpm? I understand power would be down but rpm too? Especially that much? It almost seemed that the supercharger wasn't working. Could someone explain. I mean the supercharger should still be working it's just that it is not getting cool air from the intercooler right?

+1
    As far as the engine is concerned, the supercharger is not working ... all the boost is escaping, and not being pushed into the motor. Its kind of like pouring a big cold beer in a glass, then pouring it on the ground and wondering why you are not refreshed ...

+1
    Definitely your problem! No pressure so no go!!

Thread Information