Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

13 FZS Water in motor

So I have quite the day last weekend. Had both the FZS and GPR out with my buddy and 2 girls. We were towing a tube with the FZS. Everything was fine until the tow rope got wrapped around the drive shaft. Couldn't pull it out so we turning the ski on its side to see how it was stuck but still couldn't get it. During the this time the girls were riding the GPR and flipped it. Water got inside the hull and they didn't know and tried to start it, sucking it into the motor. So now we were bout 5 miles out from the boat ramp with 1 dead skis.

Decided to roll the FZS over to get better access to the stuck rope. Borrowed a knife from a boater, but still couldn't get the rope out because it had wrapped itself around the driveshaft so tightly. The ski started to take on a lot of water so we gave up and flipped it back over. We beached both skis and I hitched a ride back to the boat ramp to get my truck. Got both skis on the trailer and took them back to my shop. The GPR was easy to clear out. I pulled the plugs and cranked it. Then fogged the motor, put in clean plugs, and it started right up. I let it run for a while to dry everything off, then fogged the entire motor and inside of hull.

The FZS had water in the intake pipe (R&D). I didn't realize this so when I went to crank it the water got sucked into the intercooler and intake manifold. I felt resistance so I immediately stopped, pulled the plugs, and cranked for a good amount of time. Bunch of water came out. I ended up pulling the intake piping off as well as the intercooler piping and sucked out any remaining water with a shop vac. Got the ski running for a few minutes then checked the oil. It looked like chocolate milk. So I went to Walmark and bought a bunch of cheap supertech oil and filters. So far I have changed the oil 3 and filter 3 times, letting the ski run a few minutes each time in between. Its getting better but still has some water in in. Im guessing because you can't extract all the oil through the dipstick? I plan to change the oil a few times more. Anything else I should do?

+1
    Buy a SVHO problem solve.........

+1
    I hope you suck up a diaper lol.

+1
    Lol

+1
    Contact Brian. ....

+1
    Man you need to stop letting chicks ride your skis! SMH

7. +1 by:

+1
    running the engine a few min. 10-15 on a hose and change oil and filter ( use cheep oil filter) each time. it usualy takes 5-6 times (oil / filter)to clear this mess out of the motor. Then you should be good to go on the motor. However you need to insoect the pump tunnel for damage from the rope being wrapped up on the drive shaft/prop. Tommy Jordan

+1
    again with chicks riding and fucking up youre skis ??????

+1
    This guy don't learn

+1
    I got some cheap supertech oil and Purolator filters at walmart. So far I have done 5 oil changes, letting the ski run about 15 min on the hose after each oil change, then draining it. Water is mostly out. I am going to do 1 or two more oil changes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information