Automatic Bilge pump problem Challenger 180

Well at first I thought that the bilge pump on my challenger was fried due to it not coming on at all. First thing, I checked the fuse to notice it was blown, and I installed another one. Still no pump. So I removed the pump out of the holder and touched the fan, and all of a sudden it started spinning. But then it wouldn't stop unless I unplugged it. I have read that there was issues with a relay, diode, and the auto bilge switch on these things, but I cannot find any of them. Is the auto switch the black box on the other side of the pump? I seen were a lot of people are just removing the auto fuse and running it by the switch. Help me please.

Jacksonville Florida
    Same kinda thing happened to us on vacation in the keys. Got a 200 speedster...and noticed the bilge pump running for no reason. thought maybe it was salt water buildup or something, removed the pump and it had a press - here test button on the side..... well. I cleaned everything up with simpl we green and a toothbrush, and the unit has worked great for the past few months since. Also note.... West marine reviews on my pump are terrible...All boaters complain of pump not shutting off when it's supposed to.

I tried filling the bilge with water today and let it run to clean everything out. Now it has turned off and the auto is not working haha.

Thread Information