+1

Question on OsideBill's carb modification.

I know this may sound like a stupid question...but they say the only stupid question is the one not asked! Been having trouble with the wife's 701 wave venture, and I pulled the carbs off to check them, and found a creased check valve in the fuel pump. Would load up at idle really bad. (The 701 venture is the dual carb, single fuel pump setup). Also have a Raider 760 (dual carb, dual fuel pumps), and it is loading up also. May be a creased check valve, I haven't checked yet. I want to understand the mod before I do it. Here is how I understand it. You can drill out the return orifice, tap and insert a 95 Mikuni main jet, and done. Or you can drill out the orifice with a 1/8th inch drill bit, and insert a 95(or smaller) depending on setup mikuni main jet into the last tee on the return line. If I understand it correctly, I would rather drill out the return orifice and insert the main jet in each carb (seems it would be easier).
    Also, I would be doing this to the venture and raider both, is a 95 main jet the correct size for both dual carb setups? Any understanding and insight is as always greatly appreciated!

+1
    You drill out the return orifice inside each carburator, located next to the little screen filter. This will allow each carb to flow completely with no restrictions, the jet goes on the final T-fitting on the return line- this links all the carbs together, so they work as one instead of seperatley. I do not think the 95 jet is correct, thats for the 1200r- i would assume the size of the jet is the same size as the original hole that you drilled out, someone on here might have insight into the correct jet for your model. Here is the original fourm discussion on this topic: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...highlight=carb

+1
    Upon reading the sticky a couple of times, I think I understand it now. My question now is what size jet would I use for the 701 venture and the 760 raider? What type of in line barb would be used for the returns on the raider? Just a 1/4" brass barbed union? I appreciate any help and insight.

+1
    Topping

+1
    Not sure if the twin carbs are setup the same way. Look at the return outlet fitting on the last carb before return line goes to tank. If it has a small restrictor in the end, you don't need to do mod. As a check, you can use the 95, put a tee in before the restrictor and install a fuel pressure gauge. Take it for a run , should have 1-2 psi idle and 5 psi or so full throttle. If low on full throttle use smaller jet.

Thread Information