Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thinking about purchasing a 2005 RXP...

Hello all,

I am new to the forums and I live in charlotte, NC. Since I have a few lakes around my house I am considering purchasing a nice toy. Would love the Rxp-x but I just bought a house so that would be pushing the budget. I found a few RXP's near my house and will be checking them out. I was just wondering what should i be looking for and are the prices decent on these. One is an 05 with lower hours and the other is an 04 with more hours but they are asking a little more. Please leave any comments or suggestions I would appreciate it. Also if the RXP-X is that much better I would consider holding off and saving a little bit if its that better of a machine. Thanks all

05 RXP
    http://charlotte.craigslist.org/boa/4537402175.html

04 RXP
    http://charlotte.craigslist.org/boa/4512590220.html

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Those are both 05's

The first one appears to be in better condition. Lower hours, and cheaper also. I'd check that one out first! You can probably pick it up for $4500

+1
    I would pay 4500$ for either.. The first one looks very clean. Do you have a ski now? If so I would consider waiting for fall/winter pricing. If not try to score the first one for 4500$ so you can get riding.

I will check out the top post first. How often do these need the S/C's rebuilt? no I dont own one now. When I was a little younger I had 3 wheeler, Snowmobiles, Jetski, and I used to race cars as well. Grown up now so I need to acquire all the toys on my own :P Thanks for the advice. Please keep the comments coming!

Jimmy

+1
    Chargers need to be rebuilt every 100 hours. BRP changed the interval to 200 hours on the newer ski's, yet nothing in the kit was changed. Most will tell you to rebuild at 100 hours.

+1
    They need to be rebuilt every 100hrs or 2 years. If these haven't had them rebuilt yet they will need to be done ASAP. 05's have ceramics that are prone to breaking and need to be swapped before even riding the machine.

+1
    If money is tight I'm not sure that's such a great deal the first one is clean low hours and if the charger is still intact you have another 4 to 500 bucks to upgrade if you can't do the labor then you have the valve problems plus flywheel bolts if you can't do that it's a bunch more cash. The other one has had the charger rebuilt needs the same up dates and with luck the guy didn't loose the washers and just rebuild the charger. I have a 04 that had all the updates plus some extras for less money but salt water state that drops value.I think that the later model ski's with some of the bugs worked out could be cheaper in the long run if you need to pay someone to do the work. JMO

+1
    The valves and flywheel bolts are probably fine if keeping stock. I really want to know the actual # of these failures. I know on craigslist almost none of them have this work done and some have 100's of hours..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by justforfun View Post
    If money is tight I'm not sure that's such a great deal the first one is clean low hours and if the charger is still intact you have another 4 to 500 bucks to upgrade if you can't do the labor then you have the valve problems plus flywheel bolts if you can't do that it's a bunch more cash. The other one has had the charger rebuilt needs the same up dates and with luck the guy didn't loose the washers and just rebuild the charger. I have a 04 that had all the updates plus some extras for less money but salt water state that drops value.I think that the later model ski's with some of the bugs worked out could be cheaper in the long run if you need to pay someone to do the work. JMO
    You make good points, however there are a shit load of early ski's out there still running strong with the original valves, and flywheel bolts. I've also seen ceramic washers go 100's of hours without failure. I'm not saying to run ceramics, as I've also seen them blow apart in under 5 hours.

10. +1 by:

tpd

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by justforfun View Post
    You make good points, however there are a shit load of early ski's out there still running strong with the original valves, and flywheel bolts. I've also seen ceramic washers go 100's of hours without failure. I'm not saying to run ceramics, as I've also seen them blow apart in under 5 hours.
    Yes I agree but I have seen more the my fair share of stock ones take a dump but then again salt water state with most ridding it hard and putting it away wet. I believe it Murphy's law. LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information