Read seadoo falt codes low cost

1. Download BUDS here
    http://sportdiagnostic.clan.su/news/.../2014-01-18-54

2. Buy the correct Sierra STATS dongle for your seadoo. The part number for 951 DI engines is
    18-ADC409 the also sell them for other models. You can buy these for around $80.

3. Buy cables to connect the dongle to seadoo. Around 32 on ebay. Called a MPI-2 cable. Also get the cable from serial port on dongle to our computer.

4. Instal BUDS.

5. hook up your seadoo to your computer, no need for a pass key because the dongle does not need one to be used and get your codes.
    Last edited by catdieselpow; 07-04-2014 at 04:15 PM.

+1

+1
    Sounds like an awesome alernative to the expensive candoo system (which limits you to only a few skis). Can this reset the service interval on the 4tecs?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by catdieselpow View Post
    1. Download BUDS here

2. Buy the correct Sierra STATS dongle for your seadoo. The part number for 951 DI engines is
    18-ADC409 the also sell them for other models. You can buy these for around $80.

3. Buy cables to connect the dongle to seadoo. Around 32 on ebay. Called a MPI-2 cable. Also get the cable from serial port on dongle to our computer.

4. Instal BUDS.

5. hook up your seadoo to your computer, no need for a pass key because the dongle does not need one to be used and get your codes.
    Link me to said MPI-2 for 32 bucks please!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lilman573 View Post
    1. Download BUDS here

4. Instal BUDS.

Has anyone else tried this? All I want is to reset the stupid MAINT warning, and not have to pay some dealer to do it. It's a huge hassle to drag my boat ALL THE WAY out to him, just for this. Holding SET for 3 seconds doesn't work

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by IDoSeaDoo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lilman573 View Post
    1. Download BUDS here

4. Instal BUDS.

Has anyone else tried this? All I want is to reset the stupid MAINT warning, and not have to pay some dealer to do it. It's a huge hassle to drag my boat ALL THE WAY out to him, just for this. Holding SET for 3 seconds doesn't work
    I completely missed that this is a necropost! hahaha

Those MPI-2 adapters are expensive and doing it is illegal. That said, it does work.

+1
    Forcing a guy to go to the dealer to reset the stupid service reminder should be illegal. Those jerks! Guess they never planned for their skis to be owned by anyone other than Richie Rich, who can afford a trip to the dealership for any little thing. Well, the dealers around here won't even work on skis that are older than 2007 or so. That being said, they might reset the CEL, but even getting to them is a huge hurdle.

Thread Information