Location of super charger belt and post ride maint

Ok so yesterday was my second time out on the new 300x and it was great. Came home and thoroughly washed and flushed everything with salt away and waxed the ski. I applied fluid film to the engine bay (all metal components) but remember reading to avoid the supercharger belt. My question is where the hell is the belt. I assume it's got a cover over it as I can't visually locate it. I just want to make sure I'm not over doing it any where in particular with the anti corrosion spray. Also if anyone knows of a specific place or tech to take my ski to for it's first service around west palm beach please advise. I would love to build a relationship with a local tech who knows these skis in and out so I can rest easy knowing it's all being done properly (I have zero mechanical experience with jet skis). Appreciate any and all help. Thanks

Banned User
    +1
    Belt is under that black plastic cover at the rear of the engine. 3-8 mm bolts (I think it's 3) will get it off so you can look at the belt. Most people usually just leave it off

+1
    Congrats on your new machine.

If you have some mechanical skills - there is no doubt that the information shared here can prove to be incredibly helpful in maintaining your own Kawasaki.

Most of the guys here are VERY helpful and have been on this Kawasaki Ultra platform long enough to provide experienced answers to any questions that you may have.

I removed my SC Cover as well - just be careful to not drop any of the mounting hardware (nuts / washers) in the bottom of the hull.

I believe it may be mandatory to have your new Kawasaki Serviced at an Authorized Kawasaki Dealership for its 1st Service - mine was at the 10 hour interval. Simply bring it back to the dealership where you bought it.

Another good "tid-bit" of information shared worth repeating is to ensure you lubricate your spark plug threads with some "anti-seize".

Post up some pics - did you get the green one?

So, hang around a while in your free time, read your Owners Manual, read the information shared on this Forum, ask questions, and most importantly - Have Fun !!!

Good Luck !!!

4. +1 by:

Thanks. Think I may leave that on as it should in theory help deter me from getting the fluid film on the actual belt. Now to find a competent shop/mechanic in the area who might let me watch him/her perform the maint.

Thanks spooling. I purchased the white/yellow/black one (2013.5 model) from a dealer 2.5 hours away so I won't be doing the first service there (Had to drive to get the deal I wanted since I know you lose your ass on anything new). I'm decent enough mechanically but would really like to watch an expert perform the work before I make an attempt.

The anti-seize treatment is something I definitely want to do asap also. I remember reading to use a certain type of anti-seize.

Edit - Have read the owners manual a few times already (great bedside literature).

The fun factor of this thing is out of control. The wife who typically hates boats loved being on the open water with the 300x, she was pushing it hard in the waves. Saw a nice pod of dolphins and a manta ray also.
    Last edited by pbc; 07-04-2014 at 07:48 PM.

+1
    we remove the belt to keep it clean from salt, if you leaver it on you wont be able to monitor it or keep it clean, ive never worried to much when im coating my engine bay with lanotec never had a belt break or slip yet. common sense prevails as usual

Good deal NicJak. Common sense prevails but ignorance can kill. I just very much want to keep the craft in tip top shape.

Quote Originally Posted by pbc View Post
    The fun factor of this thing is out of control. The wife who typically hates boats loved being on the open water with the 300x, she was pushing it hard in the waves. Saw a nice pod of dolphins and a manta ray also.
    Congrats, that is great!

Thread Information