Losing faith in RXT-X, IBR module error

2011 RXT-X
    Started with a defective intercooler, which lead to a new engine, throttle body and supercharger
    Now I'm getting a IBR module error.
    15 hours after the 2014 engine replacement. 1st day at the ocean, I got an error ibr module, pulled the key and restarted, error went away. Next day 15 minutes into the ride it came up again. Won't go away, disconnected the battery, checked the connections. Stuck in the limp mode. Both times were in sport mode, also has a ecu vtech flash.
    Does it hurt the engine to drive in the limp mode?

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Any ibr fault will put you in limp mode, and no it won't hurt the engine.

3. +1 by:

Update, so I disconnected my battery overnight, and the next day the ski is out of limp mode....???? The IBR worked just fine. I drove it hard for 2 hours, no problems. I took it wave jumping in the ocean and it went back to IBR module error, and back to limp mode. I'm guessing there is a pressure sensor switch on the braking systems? There's something to wave jumping that this ski's is more sensitive to

+1
    I think you are getting more water in back of the ski when wave jumping, than the IBR likes. Maybe a loose connection somewhere.

+1
    To eliminate one possibility - look at your pump, specifically iBR bracket & scoop, & nozzle bolts to make sure they are all there. I had intermittent iBR lights on the dash for a week and then I look and noticed one of the brackets was missing a bolt that connects it the actual iBR. The bracket still moves but there is play and the iBR will not be happy and will randomly work and not work. The bolt must have fallen out after my riva pump install and its important to mention that some of the bolts DO NOT require much torque so you *could* have lost a similar bolt after the dealer replaced your motor..

Just a thought and its easy to check. Look hard because there are like 20 bolts in a small place down there-

+1
    I got the same error doing the same thing. Mine is still at the dealer they are changing the IBR Actuator.

Quote Originally Posted by naplesrxp View Post
    To eliminate one possibility - look at your pump, specifically iBR bracket & scoop, & nozzle bolts to make sure they are all there. I had intermittent iBR lights on the dash for a week and then I look and noticed one of the brackets was missing a bolt that connects it the actual iBR. The bracket still moves but there is play and the iBR will not be happy and will randomly work and not work. The bolt must have fallen out after my riva pump install and its important to mention that some of the bolts DO NOT require much torque so you *could* have lost a similar bolt after the dealer replaced your motor..

Just a thought and its easy to check. Look hard because there are like 20 bolts in a small place down there-
    how you solved the problem?
    What was not working?

Thread Information