Thinking about 04 gtx Sc Doo..What should I look for

Considering the purchase of a very low hr(35) 04 SC GTX..its the orignal owner who has taken good care of it. Heck it looks new. The thing that concerns me is the super charger..have never owned a 4 stroke..only 2 strokes. I ask him about the ceramic washer and he had no idea what I was talking about..any guidance would be much appreciated

thats very low hours, make sure there's no full synthetic oil in unit. Early seadoos ran full synthetic and it was an issue. Switch it to a mineral based oil. The service manual will tell you this. After the problem was discovered, the non supercharged units came with synthetic and supercharged with mineral based. Then seadoo switched to semi synthetic in all later. I recomend valvoline atv oil - its designed for wet clutches, has anti corrosive additives for moisture, essentially making it a marine grade. Its a very good oil and I use in all 4stroke brands for my customers for 5years and it works great. Late model seadoos i use their stuff - If you have the charger rebuilt then you can run the semi synthetic that seadoo offers. My opinion.

+1
    Depending on the price buy it and have Jerry rebuild the supercharger. Buy a pneumatic pump so you can change the oil
    yourself and away you go. Save you $200-$300 from the stealerships. I have one and really like it. Weighs a heck of a lot though!

Quote Originally Posted by jamalama View Post
    Depending on the price buy it and have Jerry rebuild the supercharger. Buy a pneumatic pump so you can change the oil
    yourself and away you go. Save you $200-$300 from the stealerships. I have one and really like it. Weighs a heck of a lot though!
    Update: I bought a 06 GTX with 42 hrs instead..looks new...I would assume same thing but why would I have the supercharger rebuilt? Where's the best place to buy a pneumatic pump? Thanks for the help so far..

+1
    Read all the threads about SC failures due to ceramic washers. If you do not have 100% grade A PROOF that they have been replaced have the SC rebuilt otherwise you have a tremendous risk of having it grenade into your engine.

Look here - all the info is on Page 1 and you can search more threads.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146938

Pneumatic pumps - google it. Don't know about the USA. You can buy a cheaper manual pump but the pneumatic one makes it so easy.

+1
    It's not the hours on the SC, it's the age of the bearings now with yours.
    It is a must to have it rebuilt if it hasn't been done. In fact, I wouldn't even test drive it until you do.

Thread Information