Thread: adjust a thrust

adjust a thrust

has anyone tried this porduct? I'm looking for an alternative to a new prop for both pumps.

thanks!

I was waiting to see if anyone had more info on these . . . I dont. But, I did read a few posts in "4-tec performance" regarding the use or removal of the pump cone and cone on the impellers. I don't think anyone claimed an appreciable performance difference in using the cone or not . . . my recollection is up to 1 mph at best, with some believing that they actually lost speed.

My take on these is that you would get far more out of impeller work or upgrading that you ever could by tweaking the hydrodynamics of the pump cone. The cone might be able to help you fine tune a minor range of rpms (maybe), but not take you from one level of performance to the next like changing your impeller would.

Well stated my crazy neighbor!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cyoungesq View Post
    I was waiting to see if anyone had more info on these . . . I dont. But, I did read a few posts in "4-tec performance" regarding the use or removal of the pump cone and cone on the impellers. I don't think anyone claimed an appreciable performance difference in using the cone or not . . . my recollection is up to 1 mph at best, with some believing that they actually lost speed.

My take on these is that you would get far more out of impeller work or upgrading that you ever could by tweaking the hydrodynamics of the pump cone. The cone might be able to help you fine tune a minor range of rpms (maybe), but not take you from one level of performance to the next like changing your impeller would.

Quote Originally Posted by cyoungesq View Post

Exactly right. I have one and it makes a minor difference. Dont confuse the prop cone with the pump cone though. you remove the prop cone...

Thread Information