Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Trouble install Riva intake 2009 FX SHO

Did anyone else have a lot of trouble getting the 4" pipe between the supercharger and the gas tank? I've pushed and pulled and shoved and I can't get close to getting the pipe/tube over the damn super charger intake.

Any tips?

+1
    Push gas tank forward they walk back

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    Push gas tank forward they walk back
    I've been trying to push the gas tank back bu the straps are really tight. I guess the only way I'm going to get this in is if I can move the gas tank.

+1
    Can you remove tension off straps ?
    set it back and try again

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    Can you remove tension off straps ?
    set it back and try again

The gas tank is as far back is it looks like its going to go. It just seems the pipe is too big. It just seems like its a really shitty fit.

I'll try to loosen tension on gas tank straps but I can't really move the tank towards front of jetski any further than it already is.

Holy hell.

I finally got it after about 3.5 hours. I loosened the straps and was able to push the gas tank aside (it didn't move). I didn't slide the gas tank but was able to bend it enough to get the stupid air intake hose in.

Hopefully that was the hardest part.

I have the intake manifold upgrade kit, the free flow exhaust kit and the propulsion stuff (intake grate, ride plate, impeller), pump seal kit.

I'm kinda thinking the hardest part is going to be the impeller and the ride plates and stuff and I'm kinda nervous about that. I think I have to take the propeller shaft out which kinda makes me nervous.

Any suggestions?

go easy and youll be just fine taking them off, youll see how simple it is, start slow and dont put too much tension on the bolts, put new ones back in with wheel bearing grease and torqe to spec.

when you pull the pump the shaft will come out with the impeller and pump, you need the tool that goes over the spline to get it off, and a solid mounted bench vise...a big crescent wrench and a breaker bar...

+1
    Impeller install is easy if you have the right tools. once you disconnect the steering, trim, and reverse linkages, remove the reverse bucket, and the pump comes right out with 4 bolts. Remember its reverse thread.

+1
    Glad it went in the end !
    you will love the manifold upgrade job

I feel I'm at close to 2 of 4 of this Stage 1 upgrade and O M F G at the manifold upgrade. The air intake was a cake walk compared to that shit. Honestly I don't even know if it was worth it. That has to be the biggest pain in the fucking ass.

It is done, it is cranking and running.

I ran it for a good 5-10 min on water hose yesterday after I completed installation of manifold intake upgrade and it seemed to run fine. I blipped throttle several times and it seemed to run fine.

I've got the free flow exhaust, impeller+ride plate+intake left.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information