+1

What causes this?

Was washing my GP1300 this afternoon and noticed what appear to be stress marks in the front where the Y bow stops are. I was told that the Y stops could cause scratches but these are definitely stress marks. I didn't hit anything and I am OCD when it comes to taking care of my baby. Any thoughts? I attached some pictures. Should I pay and have them repaired?

Also, I want to get away from the Y setup bow stops. I was looking to go to this setup. http://www.trailerpartsdepot.com/cus...kc=43661KIT&eq=

Does anyone know if this will work? The y bow stop is attached to a 2x2 pole. If not any suggestions? Thank you!

Ryan

"Ride to Survive"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet Ski Stress Marks 2.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	334916   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet Ski Trailer Setup.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	334917   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet Ski Stress marks.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	334918  

+1
    Are you riding the ski up onto the trailer? Maybe you bumped it harder than expected.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by silver93t View Post
    Are you riding the ski up onto the trailer? Maybe you bumped it harder than expected.
    I do ride it up and yesterday my brother accelerated hard trying to get up the ramp. It is possible. Is it something that will get worse?

+1
    Hello, yes maybe ... but the bow is very strong area. Unless you smack something pretty hard it won't really be of concern, other than cosmetic. Cracks & stress lines are really two different things. A crack is an actual break in the surface down into the fiberglass. Stress line are just that micro & visible line in the surface paint ... they will not go away. Just so you know even cracks in the glass are primarily sightly but rarely structual damaging .... ask me how I know ! Ha Ha Good Luck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Hello, yes maybe ... but the bow is very strong area. Unless you smack something pretty hard it won't really be of concern, other than cosmetic. Cracks & stress lines are really two different things. A crack is an actual break in the surface down into the fiberglass. Stress line are just that micro & visible line in the surface paint ... they will not go away. Just so you know even cracks in the glass are primarily sightly but rarely structual damaging .... ask me how I know ! Ha Ha Good Luck
    Sweet thanks for the info. What is the best option to fix this? Is the repainting, or more involved? I am thinking about selling it soon.

+1
    Well from what I can see of the pics, I would do nothing. To fix would require some paint work .... not worth the trouble & costly. If your going to sell .... the new buyer will notice them most likely, but stress lines in the paint on the bow are not uncommon on a 7 yr old ski ... so don't sweat it. If priced right, the buyer will be getting a killer ski. Good Luck

+1
    Well from what I can see of the pics, I would do nothing. To fix would require some paint work .... not worth the trouble & costly. If your going to sell .... the new buyer will notice them most likely, but stress lines in the paint on the bow are not uncommon on a 7 yr old ski ... so don't sweat it. If priced right, the buyer will be getting a killer ski. Good Luck

Thank you!! I appreciate all the help. I have upgraded the trailer so I have a better bow stop now. The wife doesn't want me to sell it lol. She wants it now so we can go out and ride together. It's a win/win for me

+1
    [QUOTE=TRDRacing;2415138]
    What is the best option to fix this?
    Looks like the perfect spot for a sticker.

+1
    I like it

Thread Information