+1

FZR loosing power

Hi all,

My FZR started to show a strange behavior, when at WOT I started to feel some power drop, just like if there was some misfires with a very short duration.

This got worst, and in the worst situation the engine does not rev more than 5000rpm, looking completely sluggish, with what looks like a lot of misfires.

This has been very erratic, sometimes the engine works “normal”, being normal without any misfires, but maximum speed of 63mph (this is a 69mph engine), and in the middle, with the behavior explained above.
    For example, today, after coming back from the dealer, when I leaved the marina the engine was ok, after 10 minutes, the behavior explained above... I stopped for two minutes, started again, and the engine was ok (max 63 mph) for all the ride (about 30 minutes).

The FZR has new spark plugs, oil, oil filter, impeller (the problems started before this)

I’m inclined think this is related to electrical problems. Where do you think I should look at?

Thanks

+1
    What year FZR & how many hours? Sounds like a SC clutch issue!!! You most likely need a new clutch. How's engine temp? I have also seen mud wasps plug intercooler and oil cooler outlets.

3. +1 by:

+1
    super charger clutch is going bad! Replace with up dated clutch kit!

+1
    If you feel misfires you could have a bad plug, I had this issue last year and thought it was my clutch. Plug look just a tiny bit different than the others, but I was down 2K on rpm and boost was low.n Funny part was engine idled ok and ran "ok" in the normal cruise speeds.

+1
    Check also air filter

Quote Originally Posted by trek_b View Post
    Hi all,

My FZR started to show a strange behavior, when at WOT I started to feel some power drop, just like if there was some misfires with a very short duration.

This got worst, and in the worst situation the engine does not rev more than 5000rpm, looking completely sluggish, with what looks like a lot of misfires.

This has been very erratic, sometimes the engine works “normal”, being normal without any misfires, but maximum speed of 63mph (this is a 69mph engine), and in the middle, with the behavior explained above.
    For example, today, after coming back from the dealer, when I leaved the marina the engine was ok, after 10 minutes, the behavior explained above... I stopped for two minutes, started again, and the engine was ok (max 63 mph) for all the ride (about 30 minutes).

The FZR has new spark plugs, oil, oil filter, impeller (the problems started before this)

I’m inclined think this is related to electrical problems. Where do you think I should look at?

Thanks
    sounds like super charger clutch

+1
    Actually it sounds like water is leaking from the intercooler core into the motor, pressure test the ic

Thread Information