Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Videos of speedster w/thru the hull exhaust/x charger-etc

Some have asked for a sound clip of the Speedster 150 W/thru the hull exhaust. Was a stock 215 hp engine. Mods include: X charger, Fizzle 4" air intake getting outside air, thru hull exhaust(eliminated 2nd muffler, etc.), Riva catch can, stainless wear ring, Solas Concord R impeller, R & D pump seal, etc.
    Notice the steam stack on port side when you hit it, it will blow water over 10 ft. at throttle. Exits above the water line, unlike most setups, and doesn't set in the water when setting. I sunk a 2008 RXT-X when clamp came loose from the exhaust tip that was under water setting. This OEM boat setup has the exit under water if not under power. Your entire existence is based on a clamp. Stupid design, done so to be quiter, etc. but not for performance or safety. Couldn't keep it WO long due to the chop and it starts getting faster than you want to be in it in rough water, you get some serious air! The jet pump water hits a normal ski rope when WO. It will blow off 260 OEM Seadoos in this chop. Before the mods, that I bought all from Jerry and used his advice, I was running the boat WO most of the time and could do so from the hole. Now, we have more than you can handle if you just throw the throttle WO. It will literally jump out of the water doing a water wheelee in you hit it all out of the hole, so now, which I like, you have to feather the throttle so not to lose proper attitude. NO REPLACMENT FOR DEPLACMENT.
    Notice the cherping sound from the X Charger. Also, this is at 5,000 ft. altitude, so much more at sea level. A stock 255 RXT-X runs about the same here as a stock 215 hp does at sea level.

+1
    Video comes up as private.

Mark

+1
    Yea its private

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mark2m View Post

Mark
    It should open on the Hulk site? try this link https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=HIxPe4K7x18

+1
    It should open on the Hulk site? try this link https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=HIxPe4K7x18

+1
    Nice sounds bad @ass and looks fast. only thing is the spray coming from the exhaust being shot in the air, might not be good for tubing

+1

utube video of speedster w/thru the hull exhaust/mods

Quote Originally Posted by mark2m View Post

Mark
    try this link.

What thru hull kit did you buy? did the RIVA kit work for this application? Im picking up one of these boats on tuesday, and am more or less planning on doing the same mods (i currently have an RXT which has the x boat mods on it already that im just going to swap to the new jet boat ...

also, what is the pitch of the impeller you're running?

+1
    Only used the Riva exhaust tip where it exits boat. Did a custom aluminum exhaust pipe from the water box to the Riva exit tip.
    Obvioulsy removed all the other crap from the main water box to the other muffler on starboard side. Engine room much cooler now.
    If you want more pictures, etc. email me and I'll send. [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information