Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help... 250x pissing me off!!!!

I've had my 250x for 4 years now so I know the ski pretty well but I can't figure out what's going on with it now. Its hard to explain but whenever I start to accelerate, the engine just cuts out like the computer is retarding the timing or something and it just sputters and comes to a stop even with the throttle pulled all the way back. Initially it seemed like it happened more in the chop but now its all the time. The plugs are new and I tried running a fuel cleaner through it. If i hold the throttle all the way back it stays at 3000 rpms just sputtering at 5mph. Ive gotten to the point where I hold it back hoping it will just blow up. Need help

+1
    does it show any fault codes? have you checked the s/c, cleaned the i/c and checked the intake trumpet?

NO codes at all!! the ski does actually accelerates normal here and there but only for like 20secs and I get full boost then all of the sudden it cuts out. I think the s/c is ok and the intercooler. Funny you asked about the intake trumpet... I recently changed the steering cable and took that rubber trumpet thing off the air box thinking it was restricting air, if thats what you're talking about. I put it back on today tho to see if that was the problem but the ski still ran like shit. Strange

+1
    thats not your problem if its removed, what do you mean you think the s/c and i/c are ok!!! only way to find out is check them instead of thinking it could be simply belt slip or boost hose leak, surely you can check for this?

+1
    It could be a fuel issue
    Possibly a failing fuel pump

+1
    Actually how does it rev on the trailer without running water through it?

seems to run fine out of water with no water through it but i don't leave it running for too long without the water. It really seemed to get worse in chop if that makes any sense. It hesitates a lil in flat but it goes then when I hit chop forget about it, just cuts out. It seems to be getting worse each time I take it out, even in the flat now its cutting out. so aggravating about to sink the thing

+1
    Might be your exhaust filter is completely plugged

As NJ suggested, check to see if inter cooler is clogged. Takes just a minute to remove top
    hose and then use angled mirror to look down throat. If you see oil/gas sludge dripping off everything, then remove ic and clean.

+1
    Sounds like spark plugs are getting fouled

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information