Another 1200TXI start/run issue

01 1200TXI. On first start crank I get 16v for a split second on the injector feed and then it drops to under 9v. Unpluging 1 injector only raises it 1v. If I disconnect the white/red power feed at the 4 pin connector going to 40 pin at back of EMM I get almost 22v. Does this mean the stator/flywheel and power side of EMM is good? Is the ignition side using the lost volts to run the coils?

Did some ohm & Vac checks on the stator connector un plugged from EMM. Ohms ok, no shorts to ground but Vac are low. Just under 4Vac on the 3 coils that should have 5Vac & the 2 that should have 7Vac are at 5.5Vac. Flywheel magnet problem or is this enough out put and the EMM needs repair? With the power feed for the 40 pin disconnected I get the almost 22v that the coils would make stacked to the injectors.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Unplug one injector at a time. If the voltage on White/Red stays roughly the same (too low) regardless of which injector is unplugged, the problem is in the power source, not the ignition or fuel injection.

Typically this means the EMM needs repair.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ProX View Post
    Did some ohm & Vac checks on the stator connector un plugged from EMM. Ohms ok, no shorts to ground but Vac are low. Just under 4Vac on the 3 coils that should have 5Vac & the 2 that should have 7Vac are at 5.5Vac. Flywheel magnet problem or is this enough out put and the EMM needs repair? With the power feed for the 40 pin disconnected I get the almost 22v that the coils would make stacked to the injectors.
    Is the battery or starter motor weak? Low cranking RPM will reduce the AC output from the stator coils.

Battery is new Die Hard. Good cranking RPMs with plugs in. I am tempted to pull the fly wheel to inspect the magnets, read about a few failures. But still thinking its something in the stacking and switching of the stator coils in the EMM. I need a good friend who has the ability to repair these EMMs.- Thanks Everybody- Lets Ride- more input still welcome

Thread Information