+1

Ok I'm stumped and need your alls help ASAP !!!

1996 1100 triple wave venture.
    Bought it a week or so ago. It sat for a few year. Gas was never drain and stale. Pumped it all out, swabbed the inside of the tank and got it CLEAN. Changed the in line filter. Started it on the trailer ran good RPMs went right up.
    Water tested it and under load she wouldn't take the gas.
    Ordered carb kits, re built them and installed them last night.
    Started it ran fine.

This brings me to this morning. All excited and was going to take it out, tried to start it at home first it turned over about twice and stopped. Put the battery charger on it for a while same thing. Get NEW battery same thing spins about once or twice and stops. Pulled the spark plugs and the back cylinder is full of gas. Spun it over and a guysher of gas and oil shoot out. Went to hit it again and all I hear is the starter solenoid click???? Wait a while and she spins again and I keep spinning it until it clears out the cylinder.
    Put the plug back in and she spins over like a raped ape but not starting. Flooded maybe???

Try it again and same thing with the solenoid. No spin just click.

Kind of at a loss here and need some advice.
    Ran fine out of the water before the carb rebuild. Ran last night after the rebuild but I did start it as soon as it was buttoned up and back together. But now it sat over night and the #3 cylinders was flooded.
    How did that cylinder get so flooded. Fuel cut off switch was turned off. Also someone replaced the choke with a primer.

Plus this starter thing? Is there some type of limiter on it to prevent over heating/cranking?

thanks guys
    newbie the the PWC world.

+1
    Just went back out. Hit the starter and it spun for 5 seconds and I stopped. Hit it again and no spin just selonoid click...... Grrrrr

+1
    Not sure WHAT was up with all the gas in the #3 cylinder or the selonoid thing but I was just about to get some new spark plugs and tried it once more. Held the throttle wide open and kept it cranking. IT FINALLY STARTED !!! Let it run for a few seconds and started it again. Took it to the ramp 3 blocks away and dumped it in. It wants to start with the throttle held open like an old Chevy. Ran it for about 45 minutes with no issues other then the idle needs to be bumped up a tad. If you let all the way off it, it stalls. Set it when I got home and hopefully tomorrow. It wil be fine.
    Every older engine has it's own routine it seems. Just gotta figure out what it likes.

Still not sure why all that gas got into the cylinder. Certainly don't wan to go thru that every time,,,,,, hmmmm
    Also not sure about the selonoid thing but I shut it off and started it it many times on the water and it never did it again.

welcome to the world of the 1100 venture....

#1...Did you rebuild the carbs correctly? completely disassemble them, use the stock mikuni kits? Did you install a different spring for the needle and seat? (pop off)? All these need to be answered.

#2...Did you set the carbs to the factory settings? They carbs run best at stock settings unless its a modded ski.

#3...Why was so much fuel getting into the cylinder? Two strokes get the fuel from the crankcase so was that full of fuel? ever do a compression check?

Give me a ring...973-277-4294 live in north jersey and have an 1100

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknowcrap View Post
    welcome to the world of the 1100 venture....

#1...Did you rebuild the carbs correctly? completely disassemble them, use the stock mikuni kits? Did you install a different spring for the needle and seat? (pop off)? All these need to be answered.

#2...Did you set the carbs to the factory settings? They carbs run best at stock settings unless its a modded ski.

#3...Why was so much fuel getting into the cylinder? Two strokes get the fuel from the crankcase so was that full of fuel? ever do a compression check?

Give me a ring...973-277-4294 live in north jersey and have an 1100
    #1 I assume I rebuilt it correctly. Not many parts in there to mess up. No & No.

#2 yes

#3 I'm guessing a stuck needle seat in the #3 cylinder and maybe crap in the lines hung it up? not sure how to tell? No

So what's the deal with it not wanting to crank over and just a click in the selonoid ?

+1
    FWIW
    I just stopped home from work and the ski has been sitting for 6 hours. Tried it and it started right up. Barely hit the starter and it was running !!

Thread Information