Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Spark plug problems ?

So what happens when a spark plug goes bad ?

Would it cause max rpms to go down ?
    Does it just cause finicky acceleration ?

+1
    Your rpms will go down and it will run really rough. For each plug that is bad, you aren't using that cylinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Franko View Post
    Your rpms will go down and it will run really rough. For each plug that is bad, you aren't using that cylinder.
    Thanks Franko. I think it might be time for a new set of denso's. I've had mine for 2 seasons now (started 3rd).

My rpms dropped to 7500...

Hey, speaking of plugs, I have a quick question about chaging mine. My ski has been winterized and all, and I plan on changing mine this spring. Should I change them first thing or run the old gas out of the ski and change the oil before i install new plugs?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    Hey, speaking of plugs, I have a quick question about chaging mine. My ski has been winterized and all, and I plan on changing mine this spring. Should I change them first thing or run the old gas out of the ski and change the oil before i install new plugs?

Thanks

It shouldn't make any differance either way. I would go ahead and change them if you are planning to do it any ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodneyae View Post
    It shouldn't make any differance either way. I would go ahead and change them if you are planning to do it any ways.
    I agree, 4 strokes aren`t going to foul like the 2 strokes loaded with storage/fogging oil...PR...

you`ll just get a bit of smoke!

I dont know i've heard lots of mechanics tell me to change the plugs after u run out all of the fogging oil and stabil. I would run the old gas out then change them out but thats just me. Why even take the risk? It's not gona be running 100% untill you get all that crappy gas out of there anyway. Start her off with new gas and new plugs just my 2 cents.

While were on the topic of new plugs where is the cheapest place online to get these denso's ? Everywhere i see em they cost an arm and a leg.

Quote Originally Posted by ReDevilRXP View Post
    I dont know i've heard lots of mechanics tell me to change the plugs after u run out all of the fogging oil and stabil. I would run the old gas out then change them out but thats just me. Why even take the risk? It's not gona be running 100% untill you get all that crappy gas out of there anyway. Start her off with new gas and new plugs just my 2 cents.

While were on the topic of new plugs where is the cheapest place online to get these denso's ? Everywhere i see em they cost an arm and a leg.
    www.sparkplugs.com

there is no lead in the fuel. most of the additives are cleaning agents.
    so the plugs should not get glazed. But I hear ya! ...PR...

does anyone see a performance gain when switching to densos? Mine should be here next week

IF they do it is all in there head. Plugs do not add power.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information