Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

310R Demo Ride Questions

I am going to have a demo ride on a 310R. The demo will take place at CYCLE NATION OF CANTON KAWASAKI. Has anyone had a demo ride? What does a demo ride normally consist of?

Basically you get to ride around a pre-set course, usually one big circle.
    Sometimes there will be a guide on another ski leading you.
    Other times you will be riding alone and sponsor will be watching you from the shore.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemounlio View Post
    I am going to have a demo ride on a 310R. The demo will take place at CYCLE NATION OF CANTON KAWASAKI. Has anyone had a demo ride? What does a demo ride normally consist of?
    Did the Sea Doo Spark in South Jersey,filled out paper work but not a liability waiver if I remember just name ,address,email,cell ph and some legal consent to test their ski and they held your Drivers Lic and gave back after...

in this case we followed a Spark rep thru a no wake zone for 5-6 mins but once you were clear you could let her rip!
    Jump waves,WOT all within a 1/4 mile perimeter ,then after 15 mins they signal you to slowly follow back to starting dock..
    My Spark was the basic ,no reverse,brakes I just put it on the EZ dock...

Now they ask you to fill out questionnaire rating 1 to 5 the performance, handling ,price,etc etc....that's it no pressure selling,but have been hit with a few Emails from local dealers now that they have my address...

Dont know how Kawa Demo would be though ,might assume they will give you a SLO key since not knowing your skill level on such an animal!..

btw my friend and I were very impressed with the Spark," very playfull" great for wave jumping but does seem very plastic and flimsy ..

Have Fun!!

+1
    Anyone ever do a kawi demo ride?

+1
    Most probably this will be something your dealer is doing as a curious gesture. He must have one as a demo. The sea doo demo rides tour the country as advertising and to get your info. A contractor has several skis and works under the authority of Sea doo doing that each year with a few skis. It is not often dealerships will give test rides on any skis so with yours doing so it sounds like a good dealership.
    The biggest things you want to do is hopefully have some waves to feel its true capabilities. Do high and low speed turns to be sure you are comfortable. Get some time in sitting and standing to know the ergonomics are good for you. It has the adjustable steering so find the setting right for you. I am sure you will enjoy its power and ride comfort. I know they are not the fastest but by far the best ski on the market today. As you see the dedication to this product by the owners in this forum my feelings are mirrored by most.

+1
    I found this dealer from the kawasaki.com website. They are listed as one of the very few dealers with test units. This dealer has test units of all the big kawi toys.

They will be calling me back tomorrow to set up details. The guy i talked to today simple said they give me they keys and let me ride. I asked if they will have another rider with me incase something happens- he said most of the time they have a second rider to ride along with you. He seemed to be just a sales guy. Ill find out actual detals tomorrow.

the test ride location is about 2 hours away from where ill be this next week so i hope its worth the drive there.

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    Rode one!!! Unless the water is Rough they are boaring

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemounlio View Post
    Anyone ever do a kawi demo ride?
    I have... but it was 10 years ago. They gave me a SXR and said bring it back before it gets dark. But than again no one wanted to ride it and they had 4 of them there.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nils888 View Post
    Sounds like a troll, first time I've ever heard the 300/310 described as "boring". Quote from a buddy after I let him ride the 300 over the 4th (and he's ridden some fast skis) "did you tune this up or something? I just about ripped my arms out of my sockets!"

10. +1 by:

+1
    the funniest post ever coming from the troll king lmfao how many times have you trolled back here ricey using a new name, i bet you think you are very clever fooling the mods each time but eventually forgetting and exposing yourself.
    maybe write a note to self, "i must not expose myself with posting my lake water recommendations, ie, remove exhaust filter, mix oil into coctail, change cooling hoses and clamps, change out battery"

Quote Originally Posted by entropy101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nils888 View Post
    Sounds like a troll, first time I've ever heard the 300/310 described as "boring". Quote from a buddy after I let him ride the 300 over the 4th (and he's ridden some fast skis) "did you tune this up or something? I just about ripped my arms out of my sockets!"

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information