Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ahh....where am I?
    +1

Throttle Stuck! - Help...

My throttle is stuck! Closed!

Ski sat for 4 months (from late Sept. to late Jan.)at a local shop, 3 months longer than I wanted it to. I didn';t have a chance to winterize it, and I wasn't going to pay for the shop to do it cause thats crazy money for an easy task. Fogging the cylinders, and the intake would have been done if I had it back in Oct or Nov. But come Jan. it was too late. Damage was done.

Anyone ever see this problem? I have not taken apart the intake hose to look at the throttle body yet. I want to do that because who knows whats stopping the butterfly valve from opening, there could be a screwdriver in it for all I know. There were tools left on my ski, and a DESS in the glove box. So I'm kinda...really pissed about the workmaship.

Next Chance I get I'm going to get a visual on whats going on in there, hopefully it's not rusted.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    very common actually... we get alot of customer's skis into the shop with locked TBs... that's salt water for you.

to do it right, ur gonna have to totally dis-assemble the TB and soak it in an acid bath or something... otherwise it's just gonna keep happening.

totally disassemble and clean it out and soak it and it will be better than new... just be careful taking it apart and make sure you know how the butterfly and shaft and springs and everything go back in place

after u get it working again, installed the Throttle Body lubrication kit available from Seadoo... and periodically lubricate your throttle body

Ahh....where am I?
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    dis-assemble the TB and soak it in an acid bath or something...

totally disassemble and clean it out and soak it and it will be better than new...

after u get it working again, installed the Throttle Body lubrication kit available from Seadoo... and periodically lubricate your throttle body

The purpose of soaking it is to just disolve the salt, and crud, I'm assuming. I'm only asking because I dont know where to get acid, other than maybe battery replacement acid.

And is there a part number for the TB lube kit? I check the parts catalog and didn't see it.

+1
    here's a thread that may help some. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...tle+body+stuck

Or you could do a search on throttle body stuck

+1
    muriatic (spelling?) acid...

you can even just soak it in a part washer probably... jsut make sure you remove the TPS and Idle control sensors... you can probably get away with dropped the whole unit into a solution, just make sure there's no sensors on it... and let it dry THOROUGHLY before re-assembling.

i'll get the TB lube kit part # for you later

+1
    that post from psycho RXP.... Gforce is a friend and customer of ours at my dealership... he's come in at least twice i know of for that throttle body locking up, i think, right Nick? he lives ON the water, salt water.

we tore his TB apart and soaked it in acid and installed the TB lube kit...

+1
    SD part #295501048 ......around 35 bucks...

CLR is phosphoric acid and will work well for dissolving any corrosion, cleans an intercooler well too. Diluted it about 5/1 for cleaning intercooler and it worked real good. Don't use hydrochloric or battery acid on aluminum unless you hate the part so bad that you want to watch it disappear. Muratic is pretty rough on aluminum too but might be OK if you dilute it enough and neutralize it after soaking for a few minutes. Straight muratic is what is used to remove aluminum from the sleeve on siezed 2-stroke, pretty stout stuff.

Ahh....where am I?
    +1
    Umm...How does the High pressure hose come off? THats a wacky clamp. I'm pretty sure I can use a flat head screwdriver to pop the tab up I guess, but how would I put it back on?

Once I get that off it looks easy.

I was able to get it to move a little bit by hand, but I need to take that off and do it right.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    you'll have to replace that clamp after you pry it off. a normal worm-drive clamp works just fine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information