Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    powerstroke specialist mikegp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,529
    +1
    190

    its recommended to use the rrfpr with the et low boost ?

    need some info on this please.
    do we have to use the rrfpr with the et low boost regardless on the ski model.
    also , lbs produce at 8400 rpms? i read somewhere it produces 14lbs , but i'm not sure.


  2. #2
    KamikazeGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    1,361
    +1
    99
    Can it be done, yes. I've been doing it with just an R3 reflash for 2 years and over 70 hours.
    Should you use a fpr. yes, if you're smart. I'm stupid. I've have an MTXL a/f new in the box for 2 years. Haven't installed it because I don't want to scare myself.
    Yes, it makes 14# at 8400rpm

  3. #3
    powerstroke specialist mikegp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,529
    +1
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    Can it be done, yes. I've been doing it with just an R3 reflash for 2 years and over 70 hours.
    Should you use a fpr. yes, if you're smart. I'm stupid. I've have an MTXL a/f new in the box for 2 years. Haven't installed it because I don't want to scare myself.
    Yes, it makes 14# at 8400rpm
    hahaha , well i guess i can be included on that group too , i'm just paranoid .
    so you have been using the ET low and R3 for two years w/o the rrfpr , no problems?

  4. #4
    Lakeside518's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Clifton Park, NY
    Posts
    265
    +1
    16
    I wouldn't do it! There are so many ET low boost wheel thread setups on here. Read them all and decide for yourself. Powershot tuner vs rrfpr.... What is your engine worth to you? You want to turn 8400-8500 rpm to make 14 psi boost and not add any fuel? Seems like a pretty crazy idea to me.

    Zim

  5. #5
    powerstroke specialist mikegp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,529
    +1
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside518 View Post
    I wouldn't do it! There are so many ET low boost wheel thread setups on here. Read them all and decide for yourself. Powershot tuner vs rrfpr.... What is your engine worth to you? You want to turn 8400-8500 rpm to make 14 psi boost and not add any fuel? Seems like a pretty crazy idea to me.

    Zim
    i understand , thats why i'm here to educate myself before create any damage to the engine, so far i haven't found a thread that has any info on what wheel to use w/o the rrfpr , cause everyone in here want to reach 90 mph lol .

  6. #6
    Lakeside518's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Clifton Park, NY
    Posts
    265
    +1
    16
    There are a lot of B1 wheels running 11 psi without fpr. I would say that is the cut off point. They seem to run 76-79mph w/ supporting mods. Many of us are looking for 80-83 mph & go with the ET low boost wheel. It just requires a little more $$$ in supporting mods.

  7. #7
    powerstroke specialist mikegp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,529
    +1
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside518 View Post
    There are a lot of B1 wheels running 11 psi without fpr. I would say that is the cut off point. They seem to run 76-79mph w/ supporting mods. Many of us are looking for 80-83 mph & go with the ET low boost wheel. It just requires a little more $$$ in supporting mods.
    100% agree with you, i got one running 77.1 with the B1 , after some research ,lots of reading i'm going with a C1-11 wheel .

  8. #8
    @JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Peoples Republic of Minnesota
    Posts
    1,860
    +1
    993
    Without a RRFPR you can go with either a C3 without worrying too much or you can go with that ET LB you're looking for and just prop it for a max of 8300ish rpm's as recommended by quite a few people whom I've discussed my next step with. ET LB @ 8300 should give you ~12.5-13psi which should be safe enough.

  9. #9
    powerstroke specialist mikegp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,529
    +1
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by @JC View Post
    Without a RRFPR you can go with either a C3 without worrying too much or you can go with that ET LB you're looking for and just prop it for a max of 8300ish rpm's as recommended by quite a few people whom I've discussed my next step with. ET LB @ 8300 should give you ~12.5-13psi which should be safe enough.
    cool , i'm not looking to be a speed demon not more .lol i'm getting old.but i think i will be safer with the c1-11 its pretty close to the b1.

  10. #10
    hdlefler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, Fl
    Posts
    911
    +1
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by mikegp View Post
    need some info on this please.
    do we have to use the rrfpr with the et low boost regardless on the ski model.
    also , lbs produce at 8400 rpms? i read somewhere it produces 14lbs , but i'm not sure.

    Some people have gotten away not using the rrfpr w/ an R3, but I used a rrfpr set on static when I ran the low boost. Thats a nice wheel.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Is it ok to use an electric oil extractor to get the oil out of a Yamaha vx110
    By noshowallgo in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-03-2016, 07:28 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-10-2013, 01:04 PM
  3. What prop are people running with the ET low boost wheel?
    By JoeyDFZS in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-17-2013, 12:57 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 11:17 AM
  5. Is it possible to run too lean with the factory boost limiter?
    By tsho in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 08:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •