Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2007 gp1300r Got water in motor need help

my brother in law out riding my ski and turned it over rite off the beach but then decided not to turn it over till he could touch the ground. more or lees was turned over for a good 4 min. Would not crank over. pulled the seat and found salt water up to top of motor. Turned on side and dumped water out. Went bought tools because not home im at the shore house. Pulled exhaust off, intake off, and fuel rail. Removed plugs and cranked motor water shooting 10' out of all cylinders. Held finger partly over hole for more compression. lubricated cylinders and went to bed. woke up cranked motor some more till no water or vapor coming out. Put back together and started up. Running. shut off pulled plugs and cleaned. Put ski in water and tested. Took off like normal then started to bogg down and go 30MPH. Pulled up on beach pulled plugs. Cylinder #1 plug good #2 plug looked new but white like running lean #3 plug good. Have spark to all cylinders. Went got new plugs put them in and tested pretty much the same. Noticed if turn off ski then on and give it throttle it takes off to 60 then boggs and can only do 30 to 40. then if you let idle for a minute then give it throttle it will take off again. Pulled ski and flushed out with hose and found forgot to tightend hose clamp jacet on outer part exhaust and dumping water on top of #2 injector. Tightend up clamp and ran. seems to still miss a little but hard to tell out of water not under load. Spark plugs all looking the same now. Has 01 code for normal operation. Did not check compression yet. Starts rite up everytime and idles. Also does yamah lube keep bottom end lubricated crankshaft, bearing, wrist pins. Did not see no drain for lower crankcase and afraid if water still down there mixed with water. Please Help Thanks.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    fuel is contaminated most likely, change it out.

you did well on the rest...no worries

wouldn't hurt to dump some more fogging oil down there this evening if you can.

3. +1 by:

WFO

+1
    take a fuel sample to to see if it does have water

get a glass jar, and disconnect the fuel hose from the pump (top of tank). shove a hose onto the nipple where you removed the hose and put the other end into the jar. bump the starter and it will activate the fuel pump and fuel will start to flow. you may have to do this a few times to fill the jar up. I would recommend putting at least a quart of fuel into the glass jar. Let it sit for a few hours and if it has water in the fuel, it will seperate and go to the bottom of the jar

ok pulled sample of gas. Time will tell. Does oil sit in bottom of motor for lubrication do you think water mixed with that to.

+1
    no oil sump or pan on the 2 strokes, so really no chance of that. all the oil for lubrication enters the engine via the oil pump and spigots on the intake boots

it is good that you got the water out and started it right away as the water can get into the crank bearings and start to rust. as mentioned above you may want to fog or add extra oil to the motor right now while it is sitting to make sure everything is lubricated

Ok just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the response. I also was wondering about the reeds I inspected them looks ok not broken but couldn't be good to have all that salt water go threw them

I have d plate on it what other upgrades recommend to improve performance. Has 70 hours on it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedelviscio View Post
    Ok just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the response. I also was wondering about the reeds I inspected them looks ok not broken but couldn't be good to have all that salt water go threw them
    I have seen water injestion damage reed petals, so yes inspect them too

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedelviscio View Post
    I have d plate on it what other upgrades recommend to improve performance. Has 70 hours on it.
    no powervalve to worry about on that craft, but I have seen them crack the tunnel, even in stock form

you may want to look into an aftermarket intake grate (Like Riva or R&D) and a pump plug kit (PPK) aftermarket ride plate and maybe even a Solas Dynafly impeller

with an aftermarket intake grate, sealed pump shoe, aftermarket impeller and aftermarket ride plate that craft should pick up a couple mph

well I pulled the oil out and empty the gas. put back together. Tried to start it no spark. checked everything. Put it in the shop had it for three days 500 later same as when I dropped it off said they believe it is the fuel rail assembly and part cost 1500 and they are not 100% sure everytime they hook comport up comes up with different code. Need help what way to go next please

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information