2000 Sea Doo XP - Crank Seal Replacement Help

I was in the middle of replacing the stator on my 2000 Sea Doo XP 951.......... I had gotten the cover off and noticed a small spring sitting on the bottom of the case. I pulled the flywheel off and noticed that the outer crank seal (Part Number: 420931731) was slightly damaged on the inner diameter where it seals off on the crank. I think the small spring I found used to be wrapped around the center flange of this damaged seal on the inside of the crankcase and it looks like it, luckily, somehow flew outside the crankcase and into the area where the stator and flywheel is. It is not the spring from the inside of the bendix, but it looks similar. The motor is still in the ski, exhaust removed. My question is, assuming there is no damage to the inside of the crankcase, can I remove and replace this outer crank seal without pulling the motor and splitting the crank case? If so, any certain directions on how to remove the damaged seal and install the new one? I'll be replacing the stator too. Thanks in advance for all the help!

Bowling Green, KY
    Poke and pry that seal out with a screw driver and then carefully install the new one with the proper size seal driver or socket and it should be just fine... That seal isn't pressed in the case, it's pressed into the magneto housing, no need whatsoever to split the cases to replace that seal.

Not sure you (wkuadam07) you are referring to the same seal. The one I'm talking about is orange rubber with a steel plate on one side. The outer diameter of the seal is on the crank case and the inner diameter is on the crankshaft, near the taper. I tried prying it out and it doesn't budge. See picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	335353  

Update: I ended up having to pull the motor and split the crank case.

Thread Information