1994 kawasaki supersport

Got the problem below fixed but got a question now. I got it almost running but do not want to run it for long. I heard you can hook up a water hose to help cool down the motor to run for a longer period than 30 seconds or so. I do not see a connection for this. Do I have to buy an adaptor?

Bought a 1994 SS. Doesn't try to start at all. Replaced the electrical box in the electrical panel and still doesn't fire off. Battery is pulling juice. Replaced spark plugs and the previous owner said he replaced the coils. I do not have much experience in these so I am not sure what else to look for. Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by jhettler2689; 07-09-2014 at 06:46 PM.

+1
    Does the starter crank the engine? What on earth does "Battery is pulling juice" mean? Got the wrist lanyard plugged in?

It doesn't try to crank at all. The battery has enough volts to run the starter. This morning I can't remember if I put the lanyard in or not... I'll try again this evening after work and see if that was it. If it was I will feel like an idiot.

+1
    just because a battery shows having 12+ volts, doesnt mean it has the capability of handling a load. put a load tester on the battery and try it out. common misconception with batteries and volt meters.

Quote Originally Posted by reactorpwr View Post
    just because a battery shows having 12+ volts, doesnt mean it has the capability of handling a load. put a load tester on the battery and try it out. common misconception with batteries and volt meters.
    But even if it doesn't have enough to start it, it should try to turn over/click though shouldn't it?

+1
    turn over: not necessarily, click of the solenoid: most likely

It was a bad battery. Couldn't even get it to click with a battery charger hooked up to it. Replaced spark plugs and it fired up after replacing the electrical unit.

Thread Information