+1

paint flaking and dealer question

so ive discovered some paint flaking on my hull of my fzr and i know that its covered from yamaha.. i have some scrapes and a little damage underneath.. nothing bad... just a small knick... will the dealer give me a hard time about the paint chipping because of the damage and not honor the warranty from yamaha ?

They already have a thread on this. Two actually if you search about 2 pages.

+1
    As long as the damaged area hasn't caused the paint to flake they should cover it. Now with that said they may just paint over the scratches unless you pay to have them repaired. Comes down to if your dealer/paint shop will work with you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SVHOKidd View Post
    As long as the damaged area hasn't caused the paint to flake they should cover it. Now with that said they may just paint over the scratches unless you pay to have them repaired. Comes down to if your dealer/paint shop will work with you.
    yeah thats the issue im having.. the paint is flaking close to the damaged area.. im trying to weigh up my options before bringing it to the dealer.. maybe i can call the dealer and see if theyll allow me to drop it right off at a body shop?

i really dont have the funds to pay for this out of pocket

Matty, i went to my dealer in Hicksville yesterday. They flat out told me, any damage to the hull is not covered under warranty. That's why i posted in the venetian thread about wehre i can get it fixed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by livewyr25 View Post
    Matty, i went to my dealer in Hicksville yesterday. They flat out told me, any damage to the hull is not covered under warranty. That's why i posted in the venetian thread about wehre i can get it fixed.
    ahhhhhh seriously?? i have a dealer that im friends with that might push it through.. too bad i screwed them and bought my ski from hicksville..

i might have to shop around for my options.. please keep me updated with what happens with your ski.. ill send ya my number in a PM

it's worth a shot. They told me they have to submit every claim to Yamaha to get approval. Hull damage isn't covered. Maybe your friend can find a way around it. and if he can, i would love to speak to him about my ski lol

+1
    I spoke to the guy at Raybo... Awesome dude who took about 15 minutes to chat with me..

Basically he told me that it's not worth to repair unless there's black fibers coming out of the ski.. It's a bit reassuring.. He told me if it gets worse to call him and drop it off, if not to give him a call come September.. He's extremely busy at this very moment... I think I'll just ride it out and maybe, maybe drop it off after this short season is over

I only emailed him through the contact me on his website, he never got back to me. I want to send him that pic i posted to get his thoughts. I would love to be able to wait until the season is over.

Thread Information