+1

OFFICIAL: Ontario Dealer & Marina Thread.

Hey Guys & Gals from the great North!

Wanted to start a thread here for Ontario riders to post up any : thoughts, questions, experiences, concerns or feedback (good & bad welcome) for Ontario Marina's & Dealers.

Lets try to keep it constructive so its easy for us to read, review and draw information from when the time is needed!

+1
    i'll be the first!, Just rolled 10hrs on my 13/RXP-X, which I bought a month ago.

I'm looking to take it in for an oil + filter change and the recall. I bought from GATEWAY Powersports in Peterborough, good overall experience!.

My question is to the members; do any of you have any experience with service at GATEWAY Powersports or SNOW CITY?

those are the two dealers my family has used in the past, want to know if theres anything members have experience I should be worry about. its a simple routine job, but im over-cautious of who I want to work on my baby lol

any insight would be appreciated !

+1
    I purched my ski at Monto Reno Marina (just outside of Innisfil).

I would say to date I've had a very good experience. They were fair right of the bat with the price, and treated me well when I came. Reviewed the machine with me and even water tested it. Nice family business.

Unfortunately, within one day my nanoxcel hull began to peel. At first I would say they were somewhat "skeptical or suspicious" of my allegations, but ultimately I received something from them that the new paint job will be covered by Yama.

So far, so good....but I'll wait and see how the warranty work goes down first. I'm hoping I don't get a hard time in the fall when I drop off the ski for the repairs.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxp_ski View Post
    i'll be the first!, Just rolled 10hrs on my 13/RXP-X, which I bought a month ago.

I'm looking to take it in for an oil + filter change and the recall. I bought from GATEWAY Powersports in Peterborough, good overall experience!.

My question is to the members; do any of you have any experience with service at GATEWAY Powersports or SNOW CITY?

those are the two dealers my family has used in the past, want to know if theres anything members have experience I should be worry about. its a simple routine job, but im over-cautious of who I want to work on my baby lol

any insight would be appreciated !

I know Snow City has one of the best SeaDoo tuners around. As a business they are fair and good to deal with.
    As for Gateway I have met the owners a few times they seem like good folk. A friend of mine has both his watercraft and sleds maintained by them, everything has been good so far. Gateway's hours are its only drawback for me, no Sunday and Sat is 1 or 2.
    I had Snow City look after my sled only because I know the mechanic there, 20min from home is nice, throw in a couple of late weekdays and I'm happy.

5. +1 by:

Purchased mine through Southwest Marine Services in Grand Bend. Left over 2009 FZR in 2011. The machine was fine, the deal went through without any headaches, the way I like it. I will say I wasn't impressed with the trailer he set me up with. I brought the fzr back for warranty work (fuel smell in engine bay) which was injector seals, and got them to check over the trailer for lighting, put a new 4 pin plug on and winterize. When I picked it up I was told there was supposed to be a fee for the spring inspection but they waived it. Then I loaded up and had a 5 pin harness not a 4 pin... as well as my driver's side tail light not working. That's about the time I ended my dealings with them. Used the trailer for 4 more months and then bought all new wiring and LED tail lights. Everything else I'll do myself except 250 hour service.

Transaction was good, their service was a little sub-par.
    Last edited by E.v; 07-11-2014 at 07:09 PM.

+1
    Ed Huck Marine in Rockport (1000 Islands) is a great Sea-Doo dealer. They appraoch sales in a different way and it may be not everybody's cup of tea - good luck negotiating, but they are fair.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ProZadoX View Post
    Ed Huck Marine in Rockport (1000 Islands) is a great Sea-Doo dealer. They approach sales in a different way and it may be not everybody's cup of tea - good luck negotiating, but they are fair.
    I can't speak for their sales service as I didn't buy it from them but I was not impressed with their service, Sue the Seadoo Service Adviser is great but not their Techs or maybe they are just too busy and rush everything, twice i found loose bolts hanging and it's 45 minutes drive from me so I wasn't too happy to drive back. I since switched to Yamaha and so far had not needed any service.

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Only noteworthy experience I've got is with Delta Power sport, Seaforth.

Was very upset with them. They outright lied to me during the sales process. Make sure to get everything in writing, specifically when the warranty ends. Very unhappy with them.
    Last edited by RGUN; 08-07-2014 at 01:31 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DonHy View Post
    I can't speak for their sales service as I didn't buy it from them but I was not impressed with their service, Sue the Seadoo Service Adviser is great but not their Techs or maybe they are just too busy and rush everything, twice i found loose bolts hanging and it's 45 minutes drive from me so I wasn't too happy to drive back. I since switched to Yamaha and so far had not needed any service.
    I went to have my engine realignd as I had excessive carbon seal wear. Ed Huck Marine provided outstading service. It all depends sometimes.

Thread Information