Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can someone explain diff b/w 2014 RXP-X-260 vs RXT-X-260?

I've looked all over (Promise) before asking this...maybe it's something obvious Im missing? But..whats the diff b/w 2014 RXP-X-260 vs 2014 RXT-X-260?

Thanks in advance

+1
    RXP-X is a two seater with a T3 hull made more for racing (turning, blasting through chop). RXT-X is a three seater with an S3 hull. It also handles chop very well and seems to be a faster hull. From what I hear, it handles pretty well too. I am sure many others will chime in with more info.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ATNryan View Post
    RXP-X is a two seater with a T3 hull made more for racing (turning, blasting through chop). RXT-X is a three seater with an S3 hull. It also handles chop very well and seems to be a faster hull. From what I hear, it handles pretty well too. I am sure many others will chime in with more info.
    That is pretty much it in a nutshell.

If your riding two up a lot or plan on pulling tubes and stuff the RXT-X is the one to go with.

+1
    I have both, the PX is way more fun and the handling is the difference between a Cadillac and Corvette. That being said TX does handle plenty well for rec riding, just not as nimble. However I find it more predicable, the PX can dig in and turn so quickly you better be ready. PX more fun jumping and better balanced. The question is if your going to be riding two up more often than not. TX will be much better for that. It is a great all around ski. Have to say I enjoy both of them allot. I'd have a hard time choosing if I only could have one.

5. +1 by:

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    I have both, the PX is way more fun and the handling is the difference between a Cadillac and Corvette. That being said TX does handle plenty well for rec riding, just not as nimble. However I find it more predicable, the PX can dig in and turn so quickly you better be ready. PX more fun jumping and better balanced. The question is if your going to be riding two up more often than not. TX will be much better for that. It is a great all around ski. Have to say I enjoy both of them allot. I'd have a hard time choosing if I only could have one.
    95% of my riding is 2-up. The RXPX is awesome at it (full disclosure: we're both normal weight). I'd only be looking at the RXTX if I wanted to tow, because where I am you have to have enough room for the person being towed. Any 3 seater I've been on by the way with 3 people is horrible as a 3 seater.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RGUN View Post
    95% of my riding is 2-up. The RXPX is awesome at it (full disclosure: we're both normal weight). I'd only be looking at the RXTX if I wanted to tow, because where I am you have to have enough room for the person being towed. Any 3 seater I've been on by the way with 3 people is horrible as a 3 seater.
    I always wonder when I see two dudes riding a PX...not that their is anything wrong with that. Good for you!

+1
    I always wonder when I see two dudes riding a PX...not that their is anything wrong with that. Good for you!
    Only time it has been two dudes is when someone wants a test ride.

+1

Only time it has been two dudes is when someone wants a test ride.
    HaHa...just messing with you. My woman won't get on any ski behind me. Of course she doesn't like the way I drive either...so it goes without saying.

The first rule of test rides, there are no test rides!

Great info thanks!

I actually wanted to get a pair of ski's ideally so now after reading all of the above, I'm thinking the ideal solution is one of each. Two of the same might be redundant and it might be nice to have a little bit of versatility.

+1
    Good rule! May need to implement that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information