+1

any one ride on the river front in Savannah Ga.

We are planing a trip from Myrtle Beach to Hilton Head via jet ski. We thought about rolling down to river street to grab lunch in Savannah one day during that trip. It looks fairly close to Hilton Head and I see there are some public docks down there my question is how tough is it to get dockage at one of these for a few hours and is it safe to dock a jet ski there for a few hours or will it get the heck beat out of it?

+1
    Thats a pretty good ride from Myrtle. Docks on River street arent great for skis but you could go to Tybee. (AJ's is great place for lunch) . From Hilton Head you can get to Tybee in less than 30 minutes

+1
    thanks kind of thought they might not be. Yeah its a good trip about 75 miles to Charleston and about another 100 miles to Hilton head in the ditch less if we dip off shore but more than likely will stay in the ditch due to a few smaller boats coming as well. This will be our longest round trip we have done at probably about 400 miles when said and done with travel around hilton head and possibly Savannah. We did 156 miles a few weeks back going from Charleston up to lake moultrie and back in one day so should be a similar trip each way.

I did the trip from Charleston to Beaufort SC last year and it was great, spent the night came back the next day, two weeks ago I did the trip from Charleston to Pawleys Island for the night and again it was brilliant! The only thing I will warn you of is that once you pass Georgetown and you make a right into the channel of the ICW heading to Charleston you might see some pretty big alligators!!! WE DID! But apart from that it was a smooth ride the entire time...Have fun.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seanjackson View Post
    I did the trip from Charleston to Beaufort SC last year and it was great, spent the night came back the next day, two weeks ago I did the trip from Charleston to Pawleys Island for the night and again it was brilliant! The only thing I will warn you of is that once you pass Georgetown and you make a right into the channel of the ICW heading to Charleston you might see some pretty big alligators!!! WE DID! But apart from that it was a smooth ride the entire time...Have fun.
    Thanks Sean we have done the trip to Charleston a few times from myrtle so I do know what your talking about. How long did it take you to do Charleston to Beaufort and is this to ambitious for one day each way Myrtle Beach to Hilton Head? I'm guessing it will be about 9 hours total including fuel stops.

Charleston to Beaufort took about 4.5 hours but that's with stopping and having a beer/talking etc...as far as Myrtle beach to Hilton head in one day, for me, that would be a push! If it was me I would do the run to Charleston spend the night then Hilton Head the next day, but that's just me....

+1
    Hey guys, pardon my trolling and reading - these sound like great trips. If anyone would be welcome to sharing some GPS tracks and pix, I'd really like to get them added to the site...

BTW, my longest single day of travel is 225 miles. This included a slow start due to fog and waves. It also included two lock-throughs: the first was a 45 minute wait but the second was only 5 minutes. We did 4 fuel stops with very little delay. All told it was still 10+ hours of moving, locking, and fueling. Just some FYI. 400+/- miles in a single day... hmmm...

Still - sounds fun, best of luck!

Sorry for never getting back too you, we didn't take many pictures of interest but as far as gps tracks go, I use my galaxy s5 with an app called MX Mariner, works great and I have all of my routes stored on it...no reason too spend a bunch of money for a gps unit anymore! I do have a 12v outlet in my glove box so the phone is always charged.

Thread Information