+1

97 XP Exhaust leak, and premix info

Is there any common areas the exhaust leaks on the XP? I am getting the engine compartment filled with smoke/exhaust within afew seconds of starting, with it having the spring seat its not really easy to see the whole exhaust.

Whats a good premix ratio for these? When i got it the oil injection tank was removed so i been running premix but i been running 50:1. Is that fine for the 787 or should i use a different ratio?

+1
    I do believe i found my exhaust leak and two melted hoses, One hose is for the bilge on the left side and the other hose goes out the back at the top of the nozzle.

I had replaced the exhaust pressure valve as the bellows was ripped when i got, Do i adjust the two on the engine the same as the Exhaust?

do i have to pull the whole exhaust out to replace that one coupler?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2300.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	335471   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2301.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	335472  

Melted hoses means something got way to hot. One of your cooling lines may be clogged somewhere.
    The "rave looking" valve on you water box is not a rave. But pull it apart and make sure it is working smoothly.....it is spring-loaded, so be careful.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEH2O View Post
    Melted hoses means something got way to hot. One of your cooling lines may be clogged somewhere.
    The "rave looking" valve on you water box is not a rave. But pull it apart and make sure it is working smoothly.....it is spring-loaded, so be careful.
    I set it to spec, When i got it that valve had a tore bellows and spring was missing so i replaced it before i ran it....

When i ran it on the trailer in the water today is how i found out a exhaust leak, But it managed to run for afew mins before it choked on the Exhaust, everything is cooling as it should the head stays cool to the touch same as the exhaust, i figure the bad valve on the waterbox caused the damage before i got it..

Thread Information