Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

rebuilding SC what grease can be used for setting the needle bearings in....????

The rebuild kit I got didn't include grease for the needle bearings and clutch initial assembly.....what is an equivalent that can be used??????

+1
    Kluber Isoflex grease is the only grease that Sea Doo recommends. Some just use engine oil.

+1
    With the new kits, the needles come with inner and outer plastic rings. Set the gear on a clean surface and push the needles into the gear using your fingernails to push the needles into the gear along with the inner plastic ring. The outer plastic ring will be removed at this point. Once you've done this, place one clutch washer on the the shaft. Slowly push the gear onto the shaft while working the needles in at the same time. Take your time and you wont have a problem. Be sure to grease (or oil) everything prior to assembly. Good luck

yeah, i bit the bullet a few years ago and bought a tube of isoflex grease and use nothing but that, cost a bomb too $160au for the slim cartridge.
    I did get a new charger from Les one day and it had a cleat type grease that looked like petrolium jelly

+1
    I found 50 ml of isoflex on ebay for $30 Enough to do 40-50 rebuilds.

Best way to push needle bearings in is with a socket. Yep, find a socket where its outer diameter just lays on the top of the needle bearings, but fits within the outer plastic ring.

Lay gear flat with one fricton washer underneath. Line up bearings on top of gear and push the socket down - bang, 100% straight in no messing!!

My socket was a 14mm metric, but depending of socket design n wall thickness, may vary. Done this scores of times and it works perfectly.

+1
    I lay new washer on bench put gear ontop then plastic cased needle bearings and wriggle inner plastic with bearings into new gear then put outer clutch washer over . Slide whole lot onto shaft holding outer clutch as inner plastic gets pushed out .... done ! After assembled with nut on put oil can end into centre of shaft , oil comes out small grooves in gear . Cheak clutch slip ......

+1
    This isn't my first supercharger rebuild.......But this is the first kit I bought that didn't come with the grease.....Was just looking for a safe alternative to the isoflex

+1
    Like I said, if you dont have the grease, use engine oil. What kits are you buying? I've never seen one that came with grease. Must be AM.

+1
    What is the purpose of the grease to hold the needle bearings during assembly ?

Does this grease eventually get washed away when the oil gets to it while running ?

I have not done a full S/C rebuild yet, the 05 GTX needs it done this winter and I am considering doing it myself as I have all the tools and have access to a press.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information