GP 1200r ride help

I'm completely new to skis, picked up a 99 gp 1200r about two weeks ago, and I'm not sure what these are called so don't laugh! But the two plastic things along each side of the ski, along the rear and adjusted all the way down to make it jump waves better. I'm on rough water and just want the most level ride I can get.... Getting old!

How should these be adjusted and where should I keep the trim?

i appreciate any help!

+1
    You have a gp1200, not a gp1200R. Those things are called sponsons, and the more you adjust them down in the back the less bouncing(porpoise), and the better it will turn. Raise them up for higher top speed.
    Trim will be nose down to take off, nose up for top speed, and anywhere in between to fine tune the ride so it doesn't bounce when riding.

Quote Originally Posted by LT1GMC View Post
    You have a gp1200, not a gp1200R. Those things are called sponsons, and the more you adjust them down in the back the less bouncing(porpoise), and the better it will turn. Raise them up for higher top speed.
    Trim will be nose down to take off, nose up for top speed, and anywhere in between to fine tune the ride so it doesn't bounce when riding.

Thanks!!
    its actually a 99 gp1200x....

their all all the way down and it still bounces out of the water. Hard to get any thing above 40 at best. Usually stay around 25-35 mph with it bouncing in and out of the water. I'm used to larger newer skis that never do this so I'm just trying to learn.

Unfortunately I have the exact same problem as Amodel with two GP1200s that we just bought.
    they seem to handle the wind driven chop just fine however when there gets to be some boat traffic and the associated wakes then they become crazy hard to control anything over about 35 miles an hour and very unpleasant to ride. I have been doing some research and it appears that a toploader intake grate and/or a ride plate will help significantly. What I'm wondering is there a particular brand that will help solve the problem more than another?. I have read here on GH that an intake.can hold you down better for less bounce, from what I understand. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Thread Information