Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Time for First Service on RXP and GTX - Price???

With 11 hours on the clock, I need to take the skis in for their first service (want to let them at least do the first one). They want around $250 per ski for the first service (pretty dang pricey, but can't find a dealer around Jacksonville that is cheaper). They are also offering a 3 year maintenance agreement (not warrenty) that covers 2 services a year on both skis for $1275. That still puts the price per service at $212. I have always done the service on my motorcycles, and can't believe it would cost all that much to do it myself (well worth the cost of the book and parts). Is this as out of line as I think it is?

Also, for those doing their own service, are you just ignoring the service idiot light?

I thought this was probably covered elsewhere, but the search function won't search on first, ten, 10 - just the word service, so I could only find one thread even closely related.

Thanks

Robert

The 2 dealers I asked around here said $125.00-$150.00

100% right 50% of the time? bossdukes's Avatar

service

My dealer threw in the 10 hour service for free. I think I will do the next service myself. Just ask around the forum and you will get plenty of info. to do it yourself. I also think that the first service is suppose to be one of the most important so having a pro look at it might be wise.

Green:Welcome to the forum!!! read up on what the services entail here! then decide if you want to do them yourself, Did you have a maintanence light come on, then that would have to be turned off with the BUDS VCK that the stealer has...
    it is quite simple to change oil and filter and go over the ski for the obvious, like loose fasteners, and hose clampe etc...

or see if they will drop the price bc you are bringing in 2 machines!?
    It`s up to you if you want to get cozy with the dealer, I`d shop around tho even if you have to drive a bit...PR...

so the 10 hour service is just an oil change and a look over?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Green:Welcome to the forum!!! read up on what the services entail here! then decide if you want to do them yourself, Did you have a maintanence light come on, then that would have to be turned off with the BUDS VCK that the stealer has...
    it is quite simple to change oil and filter and go over the ski for the obvious, like loose fasteners, and hose clampe etc...

or see if they will drop the price bc you are bringing in 2 machines!?
    It`s up to you if you want to get cozy with the dealer, I`d shop around tho even if you have to drive a bit...PR...

I got my local dealer turned off the light for $30 and after that I do my own oil changed

Quote Originally Posted by Greenzilla View Post
    With 11 hours on the clock, I need to take the skis in for their first service (want to let them at least do the first one). They want around $250 per ski for the first service (pretty dang pricey, but can't find a dealer around Jacksonville that is cheaper). They are also offering a 3 year maintenance agreement (not warrenty) that covers 2 services a year on both skis for $1275. That still puts the price per service at $212. I have always done the service on my motorcycles, and can't believe it would cost all that much to do it myself (well worth the cost of the book and parts). Is this as out of line as I think it is?

Also, for those doing their own service, are you just ignoring the service idiot light?

I thought this was probably covered elsewhere, but the search function won't search on first, ten, 10 - just the word service, so I could only find one thread even closely related.

Thanks

Robert

damn near..., both of which can be done by you for a LOT less.

Quote Originally Posted by prholley View Post
    so the 10 hour service is just an oil change and a look over?

Quote Originally Posted by bossdukes View Post
    so having a pro look at it might be wise.
    i would never give them that much credit....."a pro" lol

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bossdukes View Post
    My dealer threw in the 10 hour service for free. I think I will do the next service myself. Just ask around the forum and you will get plenty of info. to do it yourself. I also think that the first service is suppose to be one of the most important so having a pro look at it might be wise.

were do you take you ski to?

my first service was 276.57 only 48.53 for parts but i have the 3 yr planned maintanence got it free

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information