Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2010 kawasaki stx 1500f

How does the hull on the 1500f handle in rougher water, I was looking at a Honda 1500 0r a 06 Yamaha fx ho as they handle waves pretty good..
    I missed out on a deal on a pair of Hondas, just looking at this kawi as it is not to far away
    Just wondering if the Kawasaki 1500f is as good or similar to the Yamaha vx models, seeing it is their entry level craft

Banned User
    +1
    Way faster than a VX

bump anyone

+1
    Coming from a 15f owner and from someone who has ridden VX's numerous times, I would say the VX has a more forgiving ride in choppy water. That being said, the 15f is infinitely more fun to ride than the VX and I would buy a 15f over a VX any day of the week if you're looking for something that is fun to ride.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kawistx View Post
    Coming from a 15f owner and from someone who has ridden VX's numerous times, I would say the VX has a more forgiving ride in choppy water. That being said, the 15f is infinitely more fun to ride than the VX and I would buy a 15f over a VX any day of the week if you're looking for something that is fun to ride.
    gotta disagree here, the stx hull is much better in rough water and can be made even better with a plate and grate. the vx is really bouncy.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by kawistx View Post
    wow this would scare me away from buying one , I am hoping for a better ride in chop then the vx ..

I hope the previous post is more correct

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    gotta disagree here, the stx hull is much better in rough water and can be made even better with a plate and grate. the vx is really bouncy.
    Sean
    I have to agree with Sean. Moreover, I sold my VX last year because it was such a wet ride. In medium to heavy chop be prepared to get drenched. The 15f is a much drier ski and handles rough water better.

-Greg

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boudin View Post
    The 15f is a much drier ski and handles rough water better.
    -Greg
    I think the 15f handles rough water pretty well. I boat in the St. Lawrence river which can get choppy (the prevailing wind comes off Lake Ontario) and is susceptible to yacht and commercial freighter wakes, and it is a less jarring ride than the Sea Doo GTI we also use. HOWEVER, I wouldn't refer to the 15f as a particularly dry riding ski - it sits very low in the water until it's on plane, and there's no splash deflector above the "gunwale" like some other models have. At moderate to high speeds, it's fine, but the passenger will sometimes catch a bit more spray on this model.

Besides rough water handling...

15F was designed as the Kawi's top of the line ski when it was first introduced.

VX was designed as for Yammie's "affordable" ski and is the most popular "rental" ski for them.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    VXR or VXS is better in chop than a regular VX. (1.8 vs.1.1) The VX would be a PITB&A (back and ass).
    The difference here to me also is tracking. The 15F will pretty much always go where you point it and is very predictable and stable. It "Hits" a little harder than the VXS, (rode on in ocean) but feels more solid and it is predictable, which helps give you more and more confidence over time.
    Much much better than the Honda, which one friend on here has nicknamed "Bucking Bronco" due to its unpredictable attitude when it gets rough and it's ability to pitch the rider w/o prior notice....UGH.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information