Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to Easy tune a Bosch based RXP-X 2013 w RR injectors and 137 +4 drop in

Just thought i share how to tune / fine tune a Sea Doo Bosch RXP-X 2013.

This ski have stock fuel system, so stock fuel pump, stock fuel pressure ( 58 PSI ISH )
    Rotax Racing injectors - Approx 67 LBS
    ET 137 + 4 MM drop in wheel.
    Riva Open Air kit.
    Riva thru hull exhaust.
    Solas 15/19 Impeller.
    Riva Retainer kit.
    Riva Opel loop cooling kit.

We will need: 1 x maptuner, 1 x tuning license. 1 x vtech datalogger

I started By opening the My Vtech maptuner software and selecting a base file for these injectors.
    This is the most important step in order to make the rest of the tuning process easy.

The base file will have the correct dead times / settings for the injectors.
    IF these are wrong then the map editor will not work properly!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	select-tune.jpg 
Views:	666 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	335594
    In this case we select the RR 63 50 102 F ( yes a bit cryptic name but new file under development..)

We load this the skis ecu , ski started ok and all semed fine.
    So next we connect the vtech datalogger and go for a test ride.

The datalogger sees : all temperatures sensors, throttle position, boost, finger gas lever AND AFR / lambda.
    So we can see live values and record them.
    The logger records 20 times / sec

The hole ride is recorded and while i ride i look at the AFR values so i dont run to lean.
    I upload the log to the server and then i log in to the server to look at the values.
    I start by looking at the quick view mode where i can easy see via color codes what afr i have at different boost / rpms
    By moving the mouse over a dot i can see the actual value from that point .
    So from the quick view i can see that the WOT values at 8900 rpm and 208 kpa(15.6 psi) are at 12.3 AFR and that i am happy with.
    But the values earlier in the map look a bit rich.

Name:	101-before-autotune.jpg 
Views:	662 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	335595

So i now download the csv / xls file so i can study the what happens in more detail.
    OK so this looks ok
    Name:  afr-wot.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  11.7 KB

But this ski will be used for close course and we will loose throttle response and acceleration and waste fuel by having part load that looks like this:

Name:	part-load.jpg 
Views:	606 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	335597
    Also the idle is terrible at 12.1 ! that will faul the spark plugs and can make it hard to start. and very bad acceleration from stand still!

So we will now open the map editor and do some tweaking..
    here is the VE table for the file we just ran, we change project title to "fine tune 101"
    Now, we press the Autotune button.

Name:	fuel-map-before.jpg 
Views:	720 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	335598

to be continued in post 2..

part 2

OK so here we see the TARGET AFR table.
    You can customize this to whatever values you want to have.
    Depending on how you gonna use the ski, close course or offshore, you can set the fuel map different.

Name:	target-afrs.jpg 
Views:	698 
Size:	130.4 KB 
ID:	335602
    at the down, press the ".." and choose the csv file you downloaded from the server and now press Autotune!

Here is how the VE table looks like after the automatic changes to it. Press the % sign and you will see the changes in %.
    So this changes looks reasonable.

Name:	ve-efter-autotune.jpg 
Views:	655 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	335603
    We press save, download the new file to the maptuner, then go to the ski and flash the new customized file!
    When we tested this ski with the new file we could feel a much more snappier throttle response and overall better performance!

Here is how the log looked like with the new customized file.

Name:	afr-map-efter-autotune.jpg 
Views:	628 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	335604

So i hope that this shows how to work with the Vtech mapeditor, datalogger and so on.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Good info, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by VTECH.SE View Post
    This ski have stock fuel system, so stock fuel pump, stock fuel pressure ( 58 PSI ISH )
    I'm really surprised you are keeping the original ball/spring FPR (unless it isn't allowed to change in racing class).

The hole ride is recorded and while i ride i look at the AFR values so i dont run to lean.
    You are monitoring the live AFR via iPhone/Android?

If yes, is the bluetooth sync link fast enough to catch a critical lean-out? It would seem it could never be as fast as an actual wired gauge.

With the purchase of the Datalogger, that unlocks the ability to use "map editor" in "my map tuner" software? (I ask because mine is locked)

Can non-racers buy Rotax Racing injectors? (where)

I love the idea of running a 137+4 wheel without changing fuel pump (because of required bigger injectors)

The datalogger is hardwired to the ecu via canbus, the phone is only acting as a display and a way to transfer the logs.
    logger samples 20 times /sec

rotax racing can be bought by anyone but it was just an example, you can also buy our vt11 injectors
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Good info, thanks!

I'm really surprised you are keeping the original ball/spring FPR (unless it isn't allowed to change in racing class).

You are monitoring the live AFR via iPhone/Android?

If yes, is the bluetooth sync link fast enough to catch a critical lean-out? It would seem it could never be as fast as an actual wired gauge.

With the purchase of the Datalogger, that unlocks the ability to use "map editor" in "my map tuner" software? (I ask because mine is locked)

Can non-racers buy Rotax Racing injectors? (where)

I love the idea of running a 137+4 wheel without changing fuel pump (because of required bigger injectors)

+1
    The datalogger is hardwired to the ecu via canbus, the phone is only acting as a display and a way to transfer the logs.

rotax racing can be bought by anyone but it was just an example, you can also buy our vt11 injectors
    I'm aware the datalogger in hardwired. However, you said "while i ride i look at the AFR values so i dont run to lean".... My question was, if you are looking at the live AFR while riding with smartphone/bluetooth, is that reactive enough in those situations when it leans out during ride and let off gas before damage.

+1
    This post was VERY helpful as I have RRVTU, RRFPR, VT1100, ET137/4 and data logger all being installed this week. Hoping the autotune feature really sorts things out for me. PM's on the way!

+1
    Also wondering what this ski saw top speed and RPM. 8600 tune? 9000?

I only look at the live value quick so i dont get to high WOT afr.
    There is now way to SEE the afrs under acceleration , its just to fast.

So for that i need to see look at the logs.

'
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post

I'm aware the datalogger in hardwired. However, you said "while i ride i look at the AFR values so i dont run to lean".... My question was, if you are looking at the live AFR while riding with smartphone/bluetooth, is that reactive enough in those situations when it leans out during ride and let off gas before damage.

[QUOTE=VTECH.SE;2421043]The datalogger is hardwired to the ecu via canbus, the phone is only acting as a display and a way to transfer the logs.

[QUOTE=Sanfish;2421037]Good info, thanks!

Can I use this map to VT11 ??? Yours

+1
    Just out of curiosity...i see a map called VT11 2 204 turbo 191 in that list.....its probably obvious given the name but is that a map to suit a map to suit a turbocharged engine??? Jonatan???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information