2010 RXPX Turns Over Slow, Won't Start

Hi all,

I have a 2010 rxpx with 29 hours. Had it on the water last weekend and once I got it off the trailer it turned over real slow but DID start. Once running everything was working well and was thinking the battery was just starting to get weak. Little later during the day I tried it and same thing, but turned a little slower than earlier, before starting. After riding for 5-10 minutes it completely died.. didn't sputter or run rough, just died. I recall seeing 12v low on the cluster also but is not present now when the key is put on ...

After it died it hardly turned over, turned a few times and then just beeped. Got towed back to the dock and trailered it back home. Got a new battery, put it in today and same thing.. turns a few times then beeps.

Checked the plugs and they are fine. Turned the motor over with the plugs out and it DID turn over easier but definitely was not as fast as normal..

Pulled the charger and it looks good also. I'll pull the pump next and verify that it's not locked up for some reason but thinking it's an electrical issue? Anyone have any ideas??? Looking for some help before I have to take it to the dealer to pull any codes.. unless someone in Eastern Iowa has a candoo

+1
    have you though about checking battery and charging system!

Sounds like a weak battery to me

+1
    Get a new battery

Put a new battery in today after trickle charging it for most of the day yesterday..

+1
    Where did you get the new battery from? I am asking because if you go to autoparts store, sometimes there marine batteries sit on the self for a year or more. Get them to load test the battery before you leave. (I found this out the hard way)

I bought a new Yuasa brand from my local dealer

+1
    If the batt is weak , the IBR plays up ...

I do not have IBR...

So update..

Took it to the dealer and it didn't throw any codes. He was able to get it started by using second battery hooked up to the one installed. Seemed to idle fine and verified that the charging system was working. Got back home and put the battery on the charger for another 12 hours and threw it back in and went to the lake.

Started right up off the trailer and as it was idling I noticed a clicking sound from the engine compartment. It seemed to follow the rmps of the motor and increased as the rmps increased. It definitely didn't have the power that it should out of the whole and I didn't try anything more than that nor could I really pinpoint where the sound was coming from.

Obviously its hard to diagnose anything just by telling you guys what I heard but I pulled the charger again tonight and everything is still in tact but is it possible that this is where the noise could be coming from if it is going bad? or will they just go out without any sort of signs or symptoms at all? There is very very little play in the wheel left to right when it's installed but I believe this is normal correct?

Thanks for the help!

Thread Information