Supercharger washers

I recently bought an 07 rxp 215 with 62 hours. I pulled off supercharger to replace ceramic washers and e the whole clutch assembly was gone off supercharger shaft (see pic). I also realized someone had marked on the supercharger that washers were replaced at 50 hours. I'm guessing they didn't properly torque the nut.

I am wondering where it the motor would I be able to find these pieces besides in the oil pump screens.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	335648  

+1
    Time to pull the motor.

Hope you got a great deal on your ski...

+1
    Time to pull the motor....Youll find everything in the bottom of the PTO cover if not chopped up yet...im sure your timing chain is shot too......

Snoman is correct. NO Loctite... Or the Incorrect loctite will cause this too. p.s. the L ring must bottom at the end of the Supercharger shaft and Be torqued to 22FT lbs.... WITH RED LOCTITE........242.... I use a Aftermarket Nylon lock Nut with Red Loctite. If you lose the Supercharger Shaft Nut?? Your parts will rain down on the Flywheel, starter bendix & Timing chain ......causing damage..

Motor is out and previous owner is paying for repairs. Just wondering where I would find all the pieces. Where is the pto cover? Could anyone point me in the direction of a service manual? I'm a mechanic by trade but haven't worked on these engines before

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tslaney View Post
    Motor is out and previous owner is paying for repairs. Just wondering where I would find all the pieces. Where is the pto cover? Could anyone point me in the direction of a service manual? I'm a mechanic by trade but haven't worked on these engines before
    Page 81 in service manual. There is an entire section on the PTO. There is a PTO oil strainer (very fine mesh screen) in same area to catch such failures. I would also remove the "oil pressure pump" and inspect for damage.

Exploded picture of PTO area:
    #6 = oil screen
    #22/23/24 = oil pressure pump

If damage is found in pump, I'd tear all motor apart as metal shavings will travel throughout...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pto-area.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	335700  

Remove the water pump hsg. there are several hidden bolts that are under the water pump hsg. also you will need to remove the rear motor mounts... you are looking for all the parts that were on the shaft plus 40 needle brgs... most of them will be in the PTO cover.

The engine will have to be torn completely down to change the timing chain..

Thread Information