Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

2014 RXT-X 260 grinding/noisy on hard turns anyone else having an issue?

I bought a new 2014 RXT-X and when I take either a hard left or hard right turn while under power (maybe 1/4 to 1/2 throttle) I can hear like a grinding noise or maybe it's a vibration. Anyone else have an issue with this S3 hull? Is there any way that these hulls are flexing enough to make alignment problems? Maybe it's nothing but it sure doesn't sound right. I also have an 05 RXT and when I do hard turns there is no noise at all. Ski is completely stock w/ 3 hours. Thanks for any input

+1

2014 RXT-X 260 grinding/noisy on hard turns anyone else having an issue?

I'm certain it's the hull. Noisy

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I'm certain it's the hull. Noisy
    Mine makes the same noise. I also believe it to be the hull, though mine will do it at very low iddling speeds as well. Has done it since 0 hours.

+1
    Can it be a bad shaft alignment grinding the carbon seal?

My RXT came back from the dealer and it's making that grinding sound on hard turn at slow speed. They changed my impeller... I'm returning it to the dealer today

+1
    Was it making that noise prior to going to the dealer?
    I'm no expert but I would have to think that if something is out of alignment it's always out, unless something is moving or twisting to put it out

Airgigs, what do you guys think is happening to the hull to make that noise?
    There's no noise on mine going straight or long fast turns, my sponsons are in the center slot, not loose. Dunno

+1
    Wasn't doing it... And they changed the impeller... I don't know... Anyway, that was an input for the thread... I don't want to takeover the topic ☺ mine is back to the dealer and I have a brand new RXP-X for the week ☺

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Airgigs, what do you guys think is happening to the hull to make that noise?
    There's no noise on mine going straight or long fast turns, my sponsons are in the center slot, not loose. Dunno
    It is almost like the sound of cavitation. Really difficult to describe. The ski runs perfect though so I am not sure if its anything to be concerned about.

+1
    I'm guessing it's not much to worry about. One thing came to mind and that when you turn hard is the "brake bucket" and reverse gate partially out of the water causing this noise/vibration. The reverse gates doesn't follow the nozzle like the older skis and that could be part of it...just a guess

+1
    2014 = Warranty. Take it in and say, "Fix it".

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    I'm guessing it's not much to worry about. One thing came to mind and that when you turn hard is the "brake bucket" and reverse gate partially out of the water causing this noise/vibration. The reverse gates doesn't follow the nozzle like the older skis and that could be part of it...just a guess
    My '14 RXT makes what sounds like the same noise you describe. I know it's nothing to do with engine/pump alignment because I had this done before I took delivery. I'm not worrying about it but my opinion is that some component on the nozzle touches something (maybe the IBR actuator?) on hard turns so the vibration gets transmitted to the hull.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information