06 STX 15 F - Stalls all the time.

When throttle is released the engine does not just slow down, it shuts off. Easy to restart. The machine is perfect - low hours etc. Runs great other than stalling. How do you increase the idle speed (assuming this will correct the shutting down). Easy to do on snowmobiles and dirt bikes. Not sure on the STX 15F.

+1
    Im not sure if this is an "idle" issue as idle only comes into play when you reach the lowest throttle limit, I have an 03' 12F that exhibits the same behavor when you let off the throttle completley at high speed or WOT, it will just stall the engine, easy enought to just hit the start button but is very annoying. If you just slowly let the throttle down it will stay running? I have allready replaced the TPS sensor and it didnt fix or help the problem at all, starting to think it might be a throttle body issue?

Cerebral

Quote Originally Posted by cerebral View Post
    I have an 03' 12F that exhibits the same behavor when you let off the throttle completley at high speed or WOT
    Your best bet is to try a new idle speed controm motor (aka Actuator) Kawi PN 16172-3704.
    Its internal components are probably corroded/stuck, not being able to supply needed air to the engine when throttle is closed, causing it to stall.

4. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by KEN TODD View Post
    When throttle is released the engine does not just slow down... Not sure on the STX 15F.
    For 2006 15F, your best bet is to replace the motor assembly only PN 21174-0555 , not the expensive complete idle speed control module (Actuator).

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    sometimes you can fix the stuck motor by removing it and cleaning it with a good lubricant but its hit or miss as to if it stuck or damaged.

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebral View Post
    Im not sure if this is an "idle" issue as idle only comes into play when you reach the lowest throttle limit, I have an 03' 12F that exhibits the same behavor when you let off the throttle completley at high speed or WOT, it will just stall the engine, easy enought to just hit the start button but is very annoying. If you just slowly let the throttle down it will stay running? I have allready replaced the TPS sensor and it didnt fix or help the problem at all, starting to think it might be a throttle body issue?
    Cerebral

If you ever figure out what this is, please post it here. I have a 2006 stx-15f that did the exact same thing. I "fixed" it by tightening the throttle cable (right before it goes into the throttle body). It idles a bit higher now, but doesn't shut off on me anymore when I let off the throttle after riding WOT.

Thanks for all your help.

Mine has same symptoms except only at full throttle and not when releasing throttle ..

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmeason View Post
    Mine has same symptoms except only at full throttle and not when releasing throttle ..
    Then those arent the same symptoms at all lol

Sean

Thread Information