GPR gauge cluster issues

Tried my best to search this stuff, and I'm pretty sure I already know the answer but wanted to ask and be sure before pulling the trigger on a new one.

Anyway, I've got a GPR I bought disassembled completely back together and there does not seem to be any power to it, as in the cluster will not turn on at all and no turning over. I attempted to test the cluster according to the service manual, and the warning light comes on but that's it. It seems like it should at least power up with power to the unit and do something.

I'm thinking the cluster is probably toast. However, will a defective cluster usually prevent the rest of the ski from operating? The electrical box with coils and everything looks pretty decent, but judging by the corrosion on all the engine bolts and everything in the flywheel housing, I'm guessing this ski was sunk at one point. I cleaned it all up and replaced everything in the flywheel housing as well. After all this work, it sure would be nice if this thing would finally work!

Well, going to start tracing the wiring to see what's working and what's not. Anyone have a gpr multi-meter guage to sell?

Thread Information