Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

few questions about top end rebuild kits for 1050

first, any input about who to buy it from? there are several vendors and they sell from low to high $200s. I just don't want any issues.

second, i just bought a used cylinder and piston. I want to use the old cylinder and the new pistons in the kit. The reason for this is that I've called around and can't find anybody local to bore a cylinder, or even switch sleeves (one of my original sleeves was damaged). should the new pistons work straight out of the box with the cylinders?

any comments would be very helpful.

thanks in advance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rbridges View Post
    first, any input about who to buy it from? there are several vendors and they sell from low to high $200s. I just don't want any issues. Tricky question as to who to make your purchase from, but I probably see the best deals on e-bay. I installed a Wiseco kit in my triple piped boats eons ago, still runs 7500RPM and just a click under 70.

second, i just bought a used cylinder and piston. I want to use the old cylinder and the new pistons in the kit. The reason for this is that I've called around and can't find anybody local to bore a cylinder, or even switch sleeves (one of my original sleeves was damaged). should the new pistons work straight out of the box with the cylinders?
    You should get your cylinder bored to the piston you purchase as they all have different clearance requirements. For instance the Wiseco pistons heat at a different speed of the OEM piston and requires a little larger ring gap for proper long term operation.
    You can certainly send your piston to any of a dozen great machine shops or look in your neighborhood for an auto machine shop, they can do the job since the new pistons come with installation clearences.

any comments would be very helpful.

thanks in advance.
    Good Luck with your project, post up some photos!!

if you have std bore 81 mm i think i have a kit ill be willing 2 sell ,

i got 3 wsm pistons at stock bore with a top end gaskets and orings

basiclly every thing you need 2 tear down the top end part less the carb an intake gaskets

pm with the best price youv found ill beat it , i wanna go big bore when i wake her up

Quote Originally Posted by 97sltx1050 View Post
    if you have std bore 81 mm i think i have a kit ill be willing 2 sell ,

i got 3 wsm pistons at stock bore with a top end gaskets and orings

basiclly every thing you need 2 tear down the top end part less the carb an intake gaskets

pm with the best price youv found ill beat it , i wanna go big bore when i wake her up

this is the kit I'm looking at unless someone tells me different. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Polar...2543QQtcZphoto

Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    Good Luck with your project, post up some photos!!
    I called the local auto shop and they said they don't do jet ski cylinders. They said special equipment was needed. Is that not true?

+1
    If he's a small shop he probably doesn't bore ANY cylinders, find out who his machine shop is they'll have the equipment do get it done. This is very, very simple stuff!
    For 10 bucks of shipping you can send it damn near anywhere in the State you live.

note that kit is standerd bore if you bore it out anymore you wont be able 2 use my pistons , just hone the cly ,

Quote Originally Posted by 97sltx1050 View Post
    note that kit is standerd bore if you bore it out anymore you wont be able 2 use my pistons , just hone the cly ,
    I'm trying to keep everything stock. I just didn't know if you needed any type of "final bore" to get it 100% exact if you bought new cylinders or if they came ready to install. It may be a dumb question, but I didn't want a size mismatch.

+1

Cylinders

those cylinders should be measured before ordering any pistons. we sell those piston kits as well as factory and aftermarket. we sell those kits for 289.99 but since you are green hulk you get 10% off. they would cost you 260.00 and free shipping. we will free of charge measure your cylinders and can tell you if they need to be bored. if they need to be bored we can do that for you as well with free return shipping. just box up you cylinders and send them to us. please keep in mind that if you do have tem done by a machine shop make sure that either you or the machine shop chamfers the ports. when we bore or hone cylinders that is included as well as a full wash and prep and ring end gap check. all you have to do is wip out the oil in the cylinder that we applied when they were done being washed and re-oil and assemble top end.

i can tell you that right now i am building a slxh and the cylinders looked great as well as the pistons. when i measured them the cylinders were out of round by .002" and have a taper of .0015". the pistons were shrunk .006-.007". that brought my total to .013-.014" of piston to cylinder clearance. that is twice what it should be. so please have them check b/c them might look great but can be way out of spec.

Jay

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 4strokepolaristech View Post
    those cylinders should be measured before ordering any pistons. we sell those piston kits as well as factory and aftermarket. we sell those kits for 289.99 but since you are green hulk you get 10% off. they would cost you 260.00 and free shipping. we will free of charge measure your cylinders and can tell you if they need to be bored. if they need to be bored we can do that for you as well with free return shipping. just box up you cylinders and send them to us. please keep in mind that if you do have tem done by a machine shop make sure that either you or the machine shop chamfers the ports. when we bore or hone cylinders that is included as well as a full wash and prep and ring end gap check. all you have to do is wip out the oil in the cylinder that we applied when they were done being washed and re-oil and assemble top end.

i can tell you that right now i am building a slxh and the cylinders looked great as well as the pistons. when i measured them the cylinders were out of round by .002" and have a taper of .0015". the pistons were shrunk .006-.007". that brought my total to .013-.014" of piston to cylinder clearance. that is twice what it should be. so please have them check b/c them might look great but can be way out of spec.

Jay
    Now thats a offer you cant refuse!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information