2005 Ultra 150 Trim problem

This is my first post here, so please be gentle

I have a 2005 Ultra 150, have done a bunch of work to it (ride plate, impeller, ADA heads, Worx sponsons, etc), but have gotten away from things for few years.

In a nutshell, the trim on the ski does not work, it is stuck in a bad spot (full up), so it make the ski's nose pop out of the water all the time.

Is there anything that was known to fail? How to go about diagnosing it?

My first guess is the switch on the handle bars, just not really sure how to tackle it.

TIA, Jim

+1
    Jim, first step is to check the fuse. The '99s had circuit breakers, but I think your model has a fuse. Not sure where it is, probably in the ignition box.

With the lanyard on and the key switch in the on position , the engine does not need to be running the trim should react to the trim button up down. with a 12 volt test light check for power at the connection for the trim motor, when the trim button is pushed. when the trim is in the full up or down position the power will drop to zero. If power is present at the connection to the trim motor then the motor is probably bad. The switch, trim module, fuse or breaker, harness and finally the cdi module all could be the problem, in my case it was a bad breaker where I had power into the breaker but none coming out, the power at the fuse or breaker will always be present as long as the key switch and lanyard are on and connected. I have a 99 ultra 150 I hope this helps, one more thing if power is present at the connection for the trim motor the trim cable could be seized it can be tested by removing the cable from the trim motor and it should move freely.. if you have a service manual for your ski it will help out a lot...
    again I hope this helps

Thread Information