+1

Pricing 2 Yamaha Ventures

I have a guy that has 2 1996 Yamaha Ventures on a double trailer.

Ski 1 has a bad starter that needs replacing.

Ski 2 had an oil line pop off and the engine is done.

Fair price to pay for both with the trailer?

Eastern NC.

+1
    Are they 1100's or 701 or 760's? A bad starter could be a bad motor.....no way to check compression. If the one with the starter runs.....1200 max for both. What does the blown up one look like? I'm down below Fayetteville, and I'm looking for a project ski. If you don't want to fix the blown up one inbox me. We may be abke to work out something.

+1
    He said they are 3 cylinders, so I assume the 1100. Is that right? I have not seen them as the guy works with me.

The starter one was diagnosed by the local dealer, but the owner did not want to drop the money into fixing it since the dealer wanted to charge a starter and 8 hrs labor.

+1
    Be wary, I bought 2 XLL 1200s with one known bad engine and one I thought just needed the carbs rebuilt. Ends up after $2500 and lots of my labor, I have 2 nice boats, both with rebuilt engines including cranks but I am not sure I would do it again.
    Dealer says starter, but how do you know it won't crank because it is locked up? Dealers are pretty infamous for understating the issue, in this case because it doesn't turn over and they cannot possible know what else may be wrong.
    Same is said for buying without a test ride for a running boat. PWC can have one almost completely dead cyl and sound great on the trailer. I have been trouble shooting a problem with one of mine, and it sounds fine on the trailer but will barely get on plane.

+1
    In my area I sell double trailers for 750 all day long if they are a decent trailer. I have a 96 venture 1100 im trying to sell right now, with an asking price of 900. I did a full rebuild on it last year, and its got some carb issues now I just dont wanna mess with.....although I may have fixed that last night, havent got it to the water yet.

Regardless, I just thought I would give you that for perspective. I know skiis can be purchased for much less than here in other parts of the country, but thats my .02

+1
    That is correct....The 3 cylinder is the 1100. If you don't buy them I'd be interested in the blown up one depending on price. If you do get them and don't want to to mess with the bad one......lemme know. You can get a starter fairly cheap, but probably have to pull motor to do it. If you get a good price, I'd jump on it. Me personally....I'm looking for a venture to fix. ...either a 760 or 1100.

+1
    Dont have to pull the motor for the starter. Just the exhaust. Still kinda a pain, but not near as much work as fully removing the engine.

+1
    I'd say $1000-1200 would be fair.

you can replace the starter on the 1100 without pulling the exhaust. A good double trailer is worth $500+ used all day long. THe 1100s were known to have issues. The 700's are work horses but not as fast. 90hp vs 110hp

Thread Information