Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: oil pump

oil pump

What pump are you guys using to pull the oil out of the engine for oil change? If you would please post where I can order one.

+1

Moeller Oil Boy (formerly Tempo)

+1
    Buy the pump anywhere but West Marine. They support the Blue Water Network....the morons who want to ban PWC riding everywhere !!!

Richard

Buy the pump anywhere but West Marine.

Consider it done, I will not order from them.

I bought the Mity-Vac 7201 several months ago for my cars and it works equally well on the Ultra. As a matter of fact, I did it for the first time yesterday and it extracted 5+ quarts Even the filter was relatively empty when I removed it so that my Pampers on the bottom of the hull easily caught all the drippings.

It's very easy to use, pump it about 10 times and then walk away. You'll know it's done by the slurping sound it makes when there is no more oil. I then mark the tubing so I know when it's at the optimum depth for removal.

The best price I found was at:

http://www.tooltopia.com/index.asp?P...arch=GO&Page=1

snapper455
    you got me worried tom4416 you should have barly pulled 4 quarts out. you are filling your motor to full of oil. the full level is in the middle between the 2 dots when hot and at the bottom dot when cold. if you fill it to the top dot you will pump about a half a quart of oil; into the intercooler after 5 hours of riding. and it will slow the boat down to 65mph. you must pull the intercooler and dump it out to get rid of it. Kawasaki on purpose has a little oil going from the catch can into the air box to lube the blower and coat the fins inside the intercooler to slow corrosion. but when you over fill the oil a bunch blows into the air box and gets trapped in the intercooler. This is caused by excess windage from the crank when overfilled. The excess windage causes pwr loss,,, also to much oil in the intercooler reduces the efinciancy of the IC. On this boat you CANNOT just put one of those stupid little filters on the top of the oil catch can!!!!!!!! The top of the catch can MUST return back to the intake side of the Supercharger!

This info is straight from Joe Hiem at Kawasaki race development.

Ii use this one:
    http://www.boatersworld.com/product/176010023.htm
    You may have to empty it before you finish, but it works good.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by snapper455 View Post
    you got me worried tom4416 you should have barly pulled 4 quarts out. you are filling your motor to full of oil. the full level is in the middle between the 2 dots when hot and at the bottom dot when cold. if you fill it to the top dot you will pump about a half a quart of oil; into the intercooler after 5 hours of riding. and it will slow the boat down to 65mph. you must pull the intercooler and dump it out to get rid of it. Kawasaki on purpose has a little oil going from the catch can into the air box to lube the blower and coat the fins inside the intercooler to slow corrosion. but when you over fill the oil a bunch blows into the air box and gets trapped in the intercooler. This is caused by excess windage from the crank when overfilled. The excess windage causes pwr loss,,, also to much oil in the intercooler reduces the efinciancy of the IC. On this boat you CANNOT just put one of those stupid little filters on the top of the oil catch can!!!!!!!! The top of the catch can MUST return back to the intake side of the Supercharger!

This info is straight from Joe Hiem at Kawasaki race development.

Ok tell me this then, If its blowing all this oil into the intercooler, why did he pull 5 quarts of oil out of the block? if its blowing in to the intercooler, then it wouldnt be in the oil pan?, and if it was over filled then blowing in to the intercooler wouldnt that bring it down to the right level? Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmm...........My understanding of not overfilling the oil is to let the engine run at it peak performance, by not hindering the movement of parts.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised it pulled 5 quarts out but that was the factory fill, not mine. If you read the manual, the capacity of the engine is 5.3 quarts completely dry. Mine sat for about a 1/2 hour after being run and the ski was titled a bit forward on the drain so isn't it possible that I really did empty the engine? I haven't run it since refilling (it got cold again ).

It does bring up another question - there is a small tube that points straight down directly in front of the engine - it runs off of a larger run. I have noticed that several drops of oil have come out of that tube onto the white styrofoam directly underneath it. Could this be a result of a factory overfill condition?

I have no idea how to check for oil in the intercooler - anyone have any suggestions now that I'm completely paranoid.

Another thing about oil level, the manual says 5.3 quarts when completely dry, then right under that it says with or without filter it takes 4.1. If I am reading this correct.

If that is the case when you change oil there is approx. 1 quart left in the engine. Someone else read this and let me know what you think.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information