Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Just curious any gossip with the Sea-Doo line up for 2015 ?

I only wish they came out with a 300 HP ski & no 100 hr rebuild on supercharger ! I have a 2008 RXP-X 255 with 147 hrs & it hooped up to do 75 ! Not sure whether to sell my ski or buy a new 1 ? It runs AWESOME!

They will NEVER come out with a 200hr SC as they already claim this on the old 100hr components. How could they ever come out and say, "no, really, this is a proper 200hr SC"???

They have dug themselves in a hole there.

Don't think we'll see much in the regular ski line-up, they sunk so much R&D time n cash into developing the Spark. 2015 will see a couple of Spark additions, one being the Spark Sport (tuned ECU and paint job) the other an electric (maybe 2016/7). The Smart Spark. Using the lightweight construction, the need to be seen to be going green will produce this bastard ski. Won't be ground breaking or have any new, smart technologies, it'll just be a PR vehicle.

As for the elusive 300bhp ski? Not in 2015. Maybe we have to wait for a new engine configuration first. The 4tec will remain, but I think either a move to turbocharged for power or a change of internals and a better SC wheel (what we've been doing since 2003!!).

In conclusion, I think they'll milk the existing line up pretty much in the way it is today (new colours maybe) and focus on developing the Spark derivitives.

no "inside knowledge" just a classic development curve. watch this space!!

+1
    "Taking from these innovations, the future Rotax will remain a 1,494cc three-cylinder but will feature a completely redesigned top end with dual overhead camshafts, domed “hemi” combustion chambers (with accompanying redesigned pistons) with four valves per cylinder, a single spring-tensioned, self-adjusting timing chain, a long-runner intake manifold, a water-jacketed header-like exhaust manifold, and by dramatically reducing valvetrain friction and mass, will greedily spin up to 9,000rpm in factory trim."

+1
    brp has never had a turbo anything and the bean counters are not going to start now
    I see more fluff for the spark like gps and radio options
    until brp is not the top sales brand we will be stuck with the same old stuff
    just polished up with new gismos
    300+hp skis do not make for big sales like the spark does
    IMO if brp does make a new bigger ace type motor, say 1800
    you can bet it will not be overbuilt like the 1500
    every ace motor built so far is very light (wimpy rods, pistons and crank)

+1
    Yup!! I bet we will see a spark X or something with a tad more hp and fancy graphics or somethin. Probably all a bunch of stupid shit. Probably won't see a new motor till 2020!!

+1
    X Model spark comes with steering column that won't destroy your face and a button that does something

Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    brp has never had a turbo anything and the bean counters are not going to start now
    I see more fluff for the spark like gps and radio options
    until brp is not the top sales brand we will be stuck with the same old stuff
    just polished up with new gismos
    300+hp skis do not make for big sales like the spark does
    IMO if brp does make a new bigger ace type motor, say 1800
    you can bet it will not be overbuilt like the 1500
    every ace motor built so far is very light (wimpy rods, pistons and crank)
    Think you're bang on with their strategy of only doing the bare minimum on the muscle skis. Moving to a 200hr SC rebuild was in direct response to competition. They have to be worried that us muscle buyers compare spec to spec and right now 260hp doesn't stand well. No doubt compitition will drive the hp wedge in further in the coming years, so BRP have to have a solution in the pipeline. Given their money and time has been tied up in Spark, the cheapest, easiest and safest way forwards with the muscle skis is to work with what they have already got, just bolting on a proven aftermarket "BRP branded" turbo. Garrett maybe? They know the muscle PWC guys are terrified of SC's and the problems they can cause. They must see the serious modders have already gone the turbo route.

Spark gives the bean counters wet dreams, so that platform will be developed (read raped) to within an inch of its life.

+1
    painting themselves into a corner.

+1
    The Spark design will work it self into the bigger models ...

I bet u see a double over head cam set up and reving higher , more polytec hulls hence better power to weight ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information