Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Buy or not Seadoo Rxt x 260 2010 ?

Hi guys,

Looking for this 26 hours with 10k with trailer for rxt x 260. Did they have specific year problems , I heard something with the drive shaft that was changed ... anything else I should be aware of ?
    No warranty.

Thanks

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Private or dealer, does the 10k include tax? I don't know if the price is great. I've got a 2012 RXPX with 5 year warranty that isn't for sale but if someone came to me with 10k even though it isn't for sale I'd probably consider the offer. Seems to me you should be able to do better for a 4 year old ski? Maybe not.

+1
    Heard that about the drive shaft too. I had to replace the throttle body on mine....so far.

+1
    Id say at 26hours for a Canadian one it's a good price!
    I paid mine 7500$ 2 years ago with 57hours on it, without a trailer and had to drive to NY for it.(painless)
    The drive shaft was the most obvious flaw on them, if it's been replaced like your saying, id say go for it!

+1
    black,

For Canada the pricing is probably about right, need more Canada boys to chime in.

The ski itself is great in many ways but, just like any rec vehicle it does need to be maintained properly! I have well over 120 hours on mine and have run the shit out it and go over 80+ mph every time I ride.

Yes the 2010 OEM drive shaft was a redesign and not for the better. It needs to be replaced with all other drive line components, about $700 to do the job. The original pump bolts where too short and need replacing and torqued properly, easy fix. The other problem is engine alignment from the factory is shitty. This is a problem for ALL Seadoo's and not specific to 2010. So, prior to new drive shaft an alignment should be accomplished. Once done, it will be just fine.

That ski has only 26 hours, but should have the SC (supercharger) rebuilt due to sitting for long periods. Cost $400 thru Jerry here on the Hulk. I would replace oil & filter, plugs, coolant, and check every bolt, nut, hose clamp on the ski.

Make sure the trailer has 13" or larger tires, has a gross weight capacity to hold 1200 lbs +, and is plenty big to transport the ski safely. To many people have purchased trailers way too small and had problems.

Good luck

+1
    private no warranty ... not sure if I still have to pay tax for it in Ontario..canada with trailer. Seems fishy the low hours to be honest and it`s a bit old.

I have a dealer with 12850 plus tax on 2013 with 3 year warranty .. I am trying to have him let it go for 12500plus tax on new one without trailer. I hate having my 08 SC failed and waiting for it to be repaired... I have all the parts ordered but by the time it all comes in...

What about Yamaha FZR ... i found in the US for 11k 2013 new... not sure if I should still say with Sea doo or go Yamaha... or wait until September to see what engine Sea doo comes out with as half of the season is already gone.

Thanks guys for your great opinions.

I have one and love it. You're looking at a good price. I'd suggest changing out the intercooler before you even start it. Other than that, Party on Garth!

+1
    why would I change the intercooler ..is that bad or ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by black96jetta View Post
    why would I change the intercooler ..is that bad or ?
    Yes, please read here: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=213159

+1
    thanks Fizzle. OMG now this really makes me go to Yamaha... I am actually opening a small claim court with my SC failure after 22 or so hours with BRP.... another reason I have to stay away from thier jet ski crap.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information