Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Last Minute South Shore Long Island Ride 7/19

A bunch of us are getting together this Saturday for a nice little cruise. High tide is at 4pm so I was thinking of meeting up around 12 noon and riding till about 4-4:30. We could always ride later if we wanted too. I figure somewhere in the middle we can stop at the Nautical Mile, Pop's, or a spot in Point Look Out called the Buoy Bar.

http://www.buoybarli.com/
    http://www.popsseafoodshack.com/
    http://www.thenauticalmile.us/restaurants.htm

There are 2 Marinas we can launch out of. Point Look Out which is free but has limited parking and is a little inconvenient driving wise or Wantagh Park which is my normal launch spot. The two Marinas are about 5-10 minutes away from each other on the water and about 30+ minutes by car. The catch is Point Look Out is FREE and Wantagh Park is $10 to park and $20 to launch (for non residents of Nassau County). I figured I'd let you guys decided where you want to launch from and we will do the following...

If you want to launch from Wantagh Park be ready to leave the dock at 11:45am. So get there 11-11:15am

If you're coming via water from somewhere east of us meet at Wantagh Park Marina 11:30-11:45am

We will ride over to Point Look Out together and be there at 12noon.

Here are the marina addresses. For some reason I cant find and physical address for Point Look Out so I put the coordinates.

Wantagh Park
    1 King Rd, Wantagh, NY 11793

Point Look Out
    40.593201,-73.590879
    Lido Blvd
    Last edited by infamous; 07-16-2014 at 11:57 AM.

+1
    I'll be out regardless Saturday so this is perfect I should be out from about 9 o'clock am on so I'll meet you at wantagh ramp at noon

+1
    Wantagh Ramp at 11:45. I want to be over by Point Look Out at noon. I might hit the water earlier too so I'll let you know . Just remember I'm not sure where to get 91 by me since I never need it. I haven't set up a real route yet so maybe after lunch we can ride out to Fire Island and refuel in Babylon on the way out there. We'll play it by ear.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by STUNNA View Post
    Wantagh Ramp at 11:45. I want to be over by Point Look Out at noon. I might hit the water earlier too so I'll let you know . Just remember I'm not sure where to get 91 by me since I never need it. I haven't set up a real route yet so maybe after lunch we can ride out to Fire Island and refuel in Babylon on the way out there. We'll play it by ear.
    Ahh yes, I'll make sure I fill up by me in babylon before heading out to you.. Let me know if your in the water early, I'll make my way to you earlier..

If there is anyone that wants to ride out to wantagh park from the babylon (Venetian area) let me know and well get together before hand

+1
    I'll be at wantagh by 11am

+1
    Freeport launch is pretty close the the inlet as well.( & of corse like 5 mins away from the nautical mile) Plenty of parking, 2 ramps & completely free, for all.

I'd meet you guys on the water, likely at the restaurant.
    My wife wanted to go out on Sat. anyhow. So if is not too choppy out I'll bring her.

If we ride to Fire Island (i've never been, but want to check it out), Would we be riding the Ocean from Jones Inlet, or the channel?
    (my wife isn't so fond of ocean riding)

Should be a great time! Is BCpaint coming down for this?

+1
    Definitely ride the bays over to FI. Either the state channel or through the bays. I was out that way 2 weeks ago and it was a nice ride done easily on one tank for me. Where ever you want to launch the last meet up spot will be Point Look Out marina at 12noon. We'll ride for a little and take a vote on where to get lunch.

8. +1 by:

mKe sure about fireisland. there is only one or two place you can go there. All else are off limits to pwc's

+1
    Yeah that sounds good. I'll launch out of Freeport and meet up with you guys.

Ill be a freeport as well.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information