Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Best oil to use for 2000 GP1200R, 1999 Kawasaki Ultra 150?

Hi everyone,
    I have a 2000 GP1200R. It has D plate cat removal, hole shot squirt kit, riva flame arrestors, concord impeller, 119 hours

I also bought 1999 Kawasaki 150 Ultra this weekend with 112 hours. It is stock.

What is the best oil to use for each? In a perfect world with cost being no factor (reasonably), and wanting to get the best performance and most hours out of both engines (neither have been rebuilt), what would you use for each? I have been told Yamalube 2W isnt necessary for my GP since I removed the cat, which is what I previously used.

Thank you for any help and guidance

+1
    Anything is better then Yamalube. Most are going to tell you to run Amsoil, I run Mystik jt4. Amsoil, Klotz, Mystik and many others are all good, just pick one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Almost View Post
    Anything is better then Yamalube. Most are going to tell you to run Amsoil, I run Mystik jt4. Amsoil, Klotz, Mystik and many others are all good, just pick one.
    Maybe there are better oils but yamalube is a good oil. There are plenty of skis with 300+ hours with yamalube. Would they last longer with one of the other oils you mentioned? Maybe. But yamalube isn't a bad oil. I use yamalube in my stock 1300 with oil injection & Amsoil Interceptor in my 1200 because of the powervalves, premixed. Once I change the 1300 to premix I will most likely run Amsoil race oil in it.

i just purchased Klotz R-50 Synthetic Oil for 2 Strokes but it mentions that it needs to be premixed. not sure if you can run it in the oil injection as i converted my skis to premix to be safe than sorry.

i just paid $48.xx for a gallon jug of Klotz from the website called theoilhub.com

http://www.theoilhub.com/KL_105_KLOT...hetic_1_Gallon

if you spend $150+ you get free shipping. i also googled around for discount codes to lower the price alittle more.

+1
    Yamalube is a good oil for oil injection but I wouldn't premix it....especially with pv motors. As far as better oils....many will say amsoil or klotz. I personally use blendzall "green label" racing castor oil. It's a bean oil that burns very clean and smells great. On the back of the label it even states that the oil will never foul spark plugs. I'm not so sure about that but in the past 4 years that I've run it, I've never had a fouled spark plug. The only downfall......it's $60 a gallon.

+1
    Valvoline super outboard 2T is for oil injection. so many types out there.

This is always a hot topic using search functions can help a lot, personally a good semi synthetic or full synthetic is always a good choice , I saw some semi synthetic quicksilver at walmart !anyone use that oil due to distance from a dealer ? Personally my dealer is an hour away two hour round trip

[QUOTE=IronMan89;2423753]Valvoline super outboard 2T is for oil injection. so many types out there.[/Q

Thanks for the replies everyone! This forum is heads above the other PWC forum I was on. So Im assuming I can use any TWC3 2 stroke for both my 00 GP1200R and my 99 Ultra 150? Since the 00 GP1200R is a powervalve motor, is there any particular TCW3 I should/must use?

+1
    I would just use any good full syn or semi TCW 3 marine oil and let her rip lol.

I have read through quite a few threads using the search function, and it seems a lot of people favor the Klotz skicraft. Money really isnt too much of an issue, I just want my skis to run as long as and as well as possible. I am in So Cal, whats the best place to get Klotz skicraft? Would it be good with my 99 Ultra 150 as well?

Thank you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information