+1

Yamaha Extended Warranty transfer?

Is it possible to transfer the extended warranty purchased from 1 ski to another. My 2014 FZR that was stolen had the 1 year factory + the 4 years extended that I went with. Seeing that it was only a couple months old and still within the factory warranty is it possible that I can have them just apply the extended warranty on the new FZR that I am about to purchase to replace the stolen one?

Has anyone done this? Or has anyone had them refund the extended warranty after purchase due to loss of ski?

Don't have any idea bout your question but curious, how did it get stolen? Sorry to hear about that, want to avoid the same happening to me!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nefilim View Post
    Don't have any idea bout your question but curious, how did it get stolen? Sorry to hear about that, want to avoid the same happening to me!
    There are a few threads already on the theft. A few members of the site had ski's stolen all within a few weeks of each other. two dealerships had ski's stolen (1 members ski was lost in one of those), Mine was stolen out of a yard behind locked gate while I was out of town, and another member lost multiple ski's when they broke into his garage while he was not home. Simple way to not get your ski stolen is to not live in S FL. (Hence the reason I am typing this from my Condo in Sarasota as after that theft I was done with Miami)

+1
    I was told it could only be transferred from owner to owner.

+1
    Owner not ski

+1
    If that is the case (as the warranty has not kicked in yet as its still well under the 1 year factory warranty) I think I will be getting a refund for the purchase price and then just rebuy it on the new ski

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentShooter View Post
    If that is the case (as the warranty has not kicked in yet as its still well under the 1 year factory warranty) I think I will be getting a refund for the purchase price and then just rebuy it on the new ski
    Yeah that's what you do, get the refund from Yamaha and apply it to the new one.

+1
    I was kinda hoping that I would not need to jump thru those hoops of refund and repurchase. Would just be easier if they just applied it to the new ski. Oh well, now I need to find out who to call for the refund. I signed the papers for the insurance today so time to go work on getting the replacement.

+1
    Just talked with Yamaha Motorsports Customer Service and they gave me the number of the Extended Warranty department and said they can transfer it for me, then he put me on hold and checked to see if the dealer could do it. He came back saying the dealer should be able to have it transferred but if I ran into an issue to call the number he provided and they would do it.

Thread Information